A project meeting agenda is written when the need for creating an agenda for an upcoming project meeting arises. The agenda proves helpful for all participants of the meeting especially when discussions are being held about the progress of a project. It is also useful when you are looking forward to assigning a particular project to others.
Therefore the agenda needs to be written in advance to be prepared for any eventualities which may arise when assigning or discussing the project.
There are various reasons why different entities may decide to write a project meeting agenda.
- Students may write them for completing the projects they are assigned in school or college;
- Financial institutions may use the agenda to accomplish targets which have been set by their management
- The construction industry may decide to assign projects for the construction of any infrastructure.
Students and industries may use their agenda according to their requirements and as suitable for them.
The project agenda is written for the individual or group of individuals who need to complete a particular project. The agenda will have details about the project along with the dates when they should be completed.
They are handed over to the individual or the group by the leaders of their respective team before the project is assigned by providing them reasonable time to prepare and accomplish the objectives mentioned.
It is the responsibility of the team leader, project manager and other individuals in responsible positions to inform their team of the objectives they have in mind for the duration of time.
However certain information which is essential to members of the team must be included in the project meeting agenda failing which the team is unlikely to achieve the targets.
Table of Contents
The project meeting agenda gains importance especially when:
- You decide to call a project meeting for assigning the project to a team of people.
- When you decide that you need to discuss the progress of a particular project with the team members who have been assigned the task.
- When you eventually want all members of the team to submit reports of their projects and the overall outcome.
Project meeting agendas are unlikely to be similar for every industry, and therefore changes can be expected in the agendas which are created. The agendas are just guidelines provided by the leaders of the institution to team members informing them about the tasks they need to accomplish within a certain period.
Example of Project Meeting Agenda 1
Project Meeting Agenda For Financial Institutions
Department of Financial Institutions Members Meeting Agenda Notice
I. Public Session
III. Date of next meeting and location.
IV. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting held on [date of the meeting].
A) Bank and Trust Division
1. First Merchants Bank, National Association, Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana.
The First Merchants Bank, National Association has made an application to the department for approval of a plan for conversion after which the bank will convert from a nationally chartered commercial bank to a state-chartered commercial bank. After that first merchants intend a name change to be known as First Merchants Bank.
2. MainSource has made an application for approval of a merger with Cheviot savings bank in Hamilton County and after that MainSource along with Cheviot will be fully owned subsidiaries of the MainSource Financial Group Inc., Greensburg, Decatur County, Indiana before the consummation of the merger.
3. Your Community Bank, New Albany, Floyd County, Indiana.
On [date] the department was intimated that Your Community Bank would be closing their Clarksville branch from [date]. The branches located at [address of the branch] and this item is only for informational purposes.
4. First Internet Bank Of Indiana, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana
the department was notified that the First Internet Bank Of Indiana would be closing their Keystone branch effective from [date]. The branches located at [address of the branch] and this item is only for informational purposes.
You are advised to contact the Department of financial institutions if you are unable to attend this meeting for many reasons.
Example of Project Meeting Agenda 2
Monthly Project Review Meeting Agenda
[From Name of the Individual Scheduling the Meeting]
[Time of the Meeting]
[Topic of the Meeting]
[Attendees: Names of All Attendees To Be Included]
Attachments For Informational Sources
– current project repository.
– Results of recent quality analysis reviews.
– Approval to proceed forms along with applicable action limits and results
Review Project Dashboard
– The number of active projects on schedule and budget.
– Number of projects behind schedule by more than 10%.
– Number of projects ahead of schedule by more than 10%.
– The total number of projects in the active portfolio.
– The number of projects completed within the last 30 days.
– The number of projects commenced in the last 30 days.
– The number of change requests submitted in the last 30 days.
The monthly project review meeting should be prioritizing the projects that need to be reviewed, and projects that are concerning should be initiated.
The project managers must be prepared to discuss questions about their projects which may be raised during the meeting.