Kickoff agendas are used to note down details that can happen during an event and the items that are needed to be in place to ensure the smooth operation of the execution of the program. A kickoff agenda can be used in company events that are small but it can also help in planning larger gatherings such as conventions and product launches throughout the nation.
A kickoff agenda must be written prior to the beginning of an event because it is needed for ensuring that any plans created will be properly implemented and executed. The agenda can identify the items that are necessary and need to be present in a particular kickoff. A kickoff agenda can also serve as a project agenda which is followed by the organizer of a kickoff even as the event is being considered as a project to be accomplished.
The kickoff agenda needs to be created by an organization for itself and the members of the team who may be assigned specific tasks during the kickoff event. Other than the few individuals who will directly be responsible for the kickoff event the agenda does not need to be distributed to other members of the company of the organizers.
The nature of a kickoff agenda is such that it is better prepared by an experienced individual who has sufficient knowledge of how kickoff events need to be planned. The agenda should generally list down all items in chronological order during an event. Some other items can also be included in the kickoff agenda after a discussion and they are as follows:
- The date of the event.
- The location where the event is scheduled to be held.
- The timeframe to be followed during the execution of the activities of the event.
- The program of the kickoff event.
- The people that are expected to attend the kickoff event.
Table of Contents
Points to consider while drafting Kick off Agendas
- The agenda usually talks about the plans which need to be implemented to ensure that the kickoff event will be successful.
- The agenda can be in the form of a meeting agenda detailing things that are expected to be fulfilled by the organizers of a particular kickoff event.
- The agenda discusses the background of the project and the measures which will be used by the organization to identify the success level of the event which is being planned.
- The agenda considers the stakeholders of the event or even a project.
- The kickoff agenda allocates team members for explicit tasks during the devising and implementation of the kickoff plans.
Example of Kickoff Agenda 1
Kickoff Meeting Agenda
[Date: Date of the Project]
Introduce and welcome team members from the project manager.
Discussion of the background of the project by the project sponsor.
1. What we have today?
2. Why do we need to change?
3. What are the key measures of success?
Identification of stakeholders by the project manager
1. Who is likely to be impacted?
2. Who are the key stakeholders – sponsor and/or other decision-makers representing constituencies that will be impacted and the support of whom will be essential for the success of the project?
Review of project objectives by the project manager and technical leader.
Review other potential issues, questions, risks, and concerns of the project manager.
what may be a hindrance in the way of success?
How can we address these concerns?
Identify the next steps and the timing by the project manager.
– Team communications.
– The frequency of team meetings.
Example of Kickoff Agenda 2
[Day And Date Of the Meeting],
Morning – time to be defined: visit to UPC Electromagnetic and Photonic Engineering group laboratories for partners who have already arrived in the country.
2 PM lunch at the UPC campus. [Jones and Rafael to call us from their cell phones for information about where we are].
3:30 PM — welcome and introduction to the PractalComs project.
Presentation of the partners [10 minutes for every partner].
5 PM — explanation of the requirements of the commission, structure of the management, decision mechanisms, administrative and financial procedures.
Open discussion and questions about the previous points and project organization.
9 PM — dinner.
[Day and date of the meeting]
10 AM — presentation of the project program, objectives and work packages by the coordinator.
Presentation on [name of the presentation] by the foreign dignitaries.
11:30 AM — coordinate a proposal for short-term strategy and participant efforts for the forthcoming six months.
Open discussion and final decision on the actions for the period oncoming.
2 PM — lunch
Example of Kickoff Agenda 3
Website Kickoff Meeting Agenda
The purpose of this meeting is to introduce the development process of [name of the company’s website], enumerate project roles, plan communication over the project, describe the kind of help that would be needed during the course of the project and work through essential project analysis elements.
Process review [15 minutes].
Review the process of Addie and agile development is applicable to the website development.
Define project roles.
Define regular communications during the project.
General requirements review [15 minutes].
Information architecture [15 minutes].
Content types [15 minutes].
Design preferences [30 minutes].
Branding standards of clients.
Describing design preferences.
Review of websites clients prefer and dislike.
Next steps [5 minutes]
The entire objective of the kickoff agenda should be to ensure that the event will be successful by providing information about the plans which need to be implemented. The kickoff agenda normally organize proper use of time, workforce and any other elements which are essential for the success of a kickoff event.