Preparing a festival agenda will set you on the right track and ensure that you don’t ever come near the word disappointment during the festival season.
The dates of the festivals are fixed. In fact, you can begin preparing a festival agenda for the movement one festival is over. Getting a head start on the agenda will give you an opportunity to collect details of the people you need to meet and also to set objectives for the meeting.
You do not need to send a festival agenda to the individual you are looking forward to meeting. It wouldn’t make any sense for the member to receive the agenda you prepared with the names of several people.
Therefore you need to send a personal request asking for time from the member for a meeting on Festival day. The request should be forwarded in a formal language compelling the member to give you the time requested.
Preparing a festival agenda will require some effort from you because this is a task that cannot be assigned to another individual. You need to prepare a list of the things you plan to do, all the people you intend to meet before you begin to write the agenda.
Table of Contents
Points to consider while drafting Festival Agendas
- You must set schedules for the activities which can be expected in the program.
- Since you are preparing for an upcoming festival, you are advised to make notes on any ideas suggested by your members and also develop creative activities which can be enjoyed by people.
- You cannot approach a meeting without an objective, and therefore you need to make your team aware of your plans and the approach you intend to adopt during the festival.
- If you intend to make your festival event successful, you also need to have some dedicated members who can help you achieve your objective. Assign some of the difficult tasks to the dedicated members who may well be the most trusted in your group.
Example of Festival Agenda 1
Fourth Of July — Festival of Balloons Committee
Special Meeting Agenda
1. Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance — by the chairman
2. Minutes for approval from the previous meeting.
3. Comments on matters not mentioned on the agenda — public participation with three minutes allowed for every speaker.
Action and/or discussion items
4 Old business — presented by the chairman.
5. New business — presented by the chairman.
6. Treasurers report — presented by [name of the individual].
A) Theme of the event.
8. Sound and park
A) Food booths.
9. Fireworks and stadium.
A) Down payment for Pyro spectacular.
13. Staff liaison report.
The facilities of the festival are accessible to people with disabilities. People who need assistance to participate in the meeting contact the city clerk’s office on the telephone number [telephone number] at least 72 hours prior to the festivities to ensure reasonable arguments are made for participation.
Example of Festival Agenda 2
[From Name of the Organizer Of the Event]
Festival And Parade Committee Meeting Agenda
The meeting will be held at the [location of the meeting] at [time].
The agenda of the meeting is as follows.
I. Call to order.
II. Review of the agenda.
III. Approval of the minutes.
IV. New business
A) community events of the festival and discussion of parade fund as well as funds available.
B) donations from businesses or developers.
C) summer fest with a band, liability insurance update, food vendor update, silent auction update, volunteers, and scheduling.
D) advertising for the summer fest update.
Festivals being special occasions will be putting pressure on everyone to meet the time frames they have set as well as people they are looking forward to meeting. In such conditions, trying to accomplish your objectives without an agenda will not only be difficult but will also be impossible.
It is better for you would be to prepare a Festival agenda and remain on the safer side to avoid disappointments and enjoy the festival to its fullest.