Organizing a party is never easy and can bring upon you numerous tasks which you need to accomplish within a short time. You will be concerned about matters like deciding on a theme, a date for the party, the budget, and numerous other tasks which you are likely to forget unless you have in hand a party agenda which you can glance at to remember everything needed has been taken care of. Not having an agenda is likely to create chaos which you wouldn’t want to be part of.
A party agenda needs to be written the moment you decide to throw a party for any reason. The agenda signals the beginning of the planning you are making for the party but in fact is the preparation for the actual event itself. Written early, it can give you an idea of the magnitude of the tasks ahead of you and prepare you appropriately to meet the challenges which inevitably will be staring at you within a matter of days.
The reason why you should create a party agenda is that you do not want to look like a novice in front of your guests after they arrive for the party. If you want to ensure everything is in order and do not want to run around worrying about different matters rather than attending to your guests, create an agenda. The agenda has the potential to remind you about everything and ensure that you appear as a professional event manager for such occasions.
The party agenda is mainly written for yourself and any members of the family or your colleagues who may be assisting you in organizing the party. The people that are assisting you with the organization also need to have a copy of the agenda because they too need to prepare themselves to meet the requirements of your plans. Giving them notice and preparing them for the tasks ahead will prove extremely helpful and also make it easier upon you to concentrate on some of the finer details of the party.
If you have decided to organize a party for any reason, you will be the person who has the best knowledge of the occasion. As all the information needed is locked in your mind, it is but natural for you to assume the responsibility of writing the agenda. This is one task you cannot delegate to any other individual or even your colleague because you need to get your thoughts on paper for them to be implemented according to your desires.
Points to consider while drafting Party Agendas
- The date, venue and the theme you have decided upon must be mentioned.
- Information about the type of music, declaration, food, and games which you have planned needs to be detailed.
- If you plan to hand over small tokens at the end of the party information of the tokens you intend to distribute is also necessary.
- Parties without pictures don’t leave any memories behind and therefore if you need a photographer or intend to ask one of your colleagues to capture pictures the information should be present on the agenda.
- The job of making and sending invitations to guests cannot be forgotten because it would defeat the very purpose of your party.
Apart from the above things like managing the budget and being prepared for unexpected expenses is something which you need to prepare yourself for. This is because after all you are the organizer of the party and cannot expect members of the family or your colleagues to cough up the cash if needed unexpectedly.
Example of Party Agenda 1
Move To Amend House Party Agenda
The following is for a party scheduled to begin at 7 PM.
6 PM — [one hour ahead of time] – volunteer helpers begin arriving to assist in the setup.
6:45 PM — [15 minutes ahead of time] – guests begin to arrive, mingle around and have discussions for 45 minutes.
7:45 PM — welcome from the hosts.
– Introduce selves.
– Thank everyone for arriving.
– Inform everyone why you are supporting the Move to Amend and the reasons why you believe this work is critical.
7:50 PM to 7:55 PM — introduce the Move to Amend DVD after playing “legalized democracy.”
8:20 PM — share information about why you have decided to share and open your home for the support of the Move to Amend and close by asking the guests to donate by even providing them with a goal you may have set for the party.
The host can use the following examples to request for donations which may or may not be provided by the guests.
- I am highly committed to the work of moved to amend and therefore I hosted this party to share Move to Amend with you all.
- I believe that you will join us in becoming sustainable to the Move to Amend Campaign. You can make an automatic monthly or quarterly donation to this campaign and dedicate more energy to amend the Constitution and create the social change needed by all. One-time donations made by guests will also be appreciated.
- Volunteer helpers are equipped with pens and envelopes for you to make your contributions.
8:45 PM — leave the floor open for any discussions about the Move to Amend Campaign. Ask the guests to stay back and enjoy the event after you have answered any questions which may be raised.
9 PM — guests begin to depart.
9:30 PM — volunteers depart after assisting in the cleanup. At this stage, the host needs to tally the donations and prepare the same to be mailed to the Move to Amend campaign the following day.
Example of Party Agenda 2
6 PM To 6:30 PM — Welcome the bride to be and begin welcoming the guests.
6:30 PM to 8 PM — provide the guests some time to socialize, have a drink and enjoy the food of the bachelorette party.
8 PM to 9:30 PM — cake cutting, games, and activities.
9:30 PM onwards — fun, dance and enjoy the party.
The bachelorette party can be divided into different activities, but everything that needs to be done should also be planned to have the perfect bachelorette party.
Having a party agenda is not considered by many people as a necessity but having one can prove beneficial because it can set the tone for the party while also ensuring that things move ahead as planned by the organizer.