A document which contains information which is necessary for the planning and the execution of a study of research is known as research agenda. This is a document which can help researchers identify their tasks which need to be prioritized according to the phase of the research they are presently at.
Besides, it also allows them to follow their particular research pattern. Moreover, it will be helpful for them to achieve the accurate results that they have been looking for. The research agenda becomes the guiding force for researchers eventually to achieve their objectives.
Research agendas are similar to agendas of other types which are written for meetings by companies and organizations as well as individuals or groups of people. As it is considered as the guiding force for the research to progress, it is evident that the document must be created before the planned research begins. Having the agenda at least a week before commencing the research will give the researchers a timeline to begin preparing for the job and complete the study needed according to schedule.
The word research has acquired a different meaning in present-day times when the term is being used by just about everyone. Unlike in the past when the word was exclusively used by researchers in the field of science drastic changes are currently being seen when given a school going child speaks about researching the Internet for any information he or she needs.
Similarly, some organizations are also using the term according to their individual needs, but the common principle among the agendas remains the same, and that is to provide the researcher information about the things they need to accomplish along with their team. It usually provides information about the initial steps which need to be followed to ensure that the study being conducted can provide efficient results or specify any underlying problems which may be present.
The research agenda is always written for the individuals who will be the core members of the research team. The agenda can also be passed over to other members of the team, but the primary recipient of the document is always the team leader because he or she is held responsible for conducting and providing the results of the research appropriately.
The research agenda is written by the institution that is looking for certain information and is assigning the task of collecting the information to a certain individual. It is the responsibility of the institution to ensure that the agenda reaches the individual chosen at least a week before the commencement of the research plan.
Points to consider while drafting Research Agendas
- The kind of study that the researcher is required to undertake must be provided on the agenda.
- The information becomes useful for the researcher accurately to prioritize the main items of the research.
- The research agenda must consider any variables that are needed during the research. Identifying the processes of the research, the methodologies for collecting the data, the community where the research will be applied along with the information analysis which will be used may also be mentioned.
- The details within the document must be organized to ensure that an effective research agenda is provided to the individual who is responsible for the same.
Individuals creating the agenda can include any tips specifically related to the institution they are representing or information which they may have collected from experience. That cannot be any set rules for creating the research agenda, and some degree of flexibility needs to be incorporated as per individual needs.
Example of Research Agenda 1
Basic Education Research Agenda
Department Of Education
Department Order Number 61 Of 2018.
Adoption of The Basic Education Research Agenda
[To Names And Departments Of the Addressees]
1. The Department of Education selects the elementary education analysis schedule which is included and provides direction to the department and its stakeholders in the conduct of education research and the utilization of the results of the research to inform the departments planning, program and policy development aligned with its core values, mission, and vision.
2. The research agenda will be building on gains from research which exists, generate fresh knowledge on prioritized research areas and focus the attention of the department on relevant issues related to education to maximize resources which are available for ongoing research from within and beyond the department.
3. All orders of the department other than related issues, rules and regulations or provisions that are inconsistent with this policy are at this moment repealed, modified or rescinded with immediate effect.
4. Strict compliance of disorder and immediate decimation is directed.
[Signature of the authorized signatory]
[name of the authorized signatory].
Example of Research Agenda 2
7 AM — networking breakfast arranged the organization.
8 AM — welcome and opening remarks by the CEO and president of the organization.
8:15 AM — research agenda and updates by the vice president of the organization.
8:45 AM — the value of a well-being approach presented by the research director.
9:45 AM — networking break.
10 AM — small group discussion before reporting back.
10:45 AM — update on recent industry research.
11:30 AM — culture health study committee update.
12 PM — networking lunch
1 PM — reconvene meeting with vice president of research of the organization.
1:15 PM — healthy workplaces and healthy communities.
1:45 PM — networking break.
2 PM — experimental engagement: driving value and outcomes in the shifting employee landscape.
3 PM — small group discussion and reporting back.
3:45 PM — vote on the priorities of the organization.
4 PM — meeting agenda meant by the president of the organization.
The individual creating the research agenda must consider the individual requirements of the research which is being planned and create an agenda which is suitable for the same. He or she will need to hold consultations with the management who will undoubtedly be providing the instructions for the research to be conducted.
The research agenda can only be prepared after the responsible individual receives all the information about the data the institution is trying to recover by conducting the research.