Managing a sales process can be a challenging task for every individual who is responsible for managing a sales force. He or she will need to consider numerous factors such as the quantity and the volume of products, prices, commissions, trade discounts, and even sales agents.
A sales meeting agenda prepared in advance will prove beneficial not just for the individuals but also for the organization because it clearly defines the actions of the salesforce.
Sales meeting agendas are a mechanism for the management for controlling the meeting and guiding the sales force to focus on certain points which are important. The agenda for the meeting must be ready before the meeting is scheduled regardless of whether prior information about the same has been provided or not.
The sales agenda is primarily designed to achieve the targets of the sales campaign with high margins. People in the business of sales do not have plenty of time to waste, and therefore the agenda should be designed to keep the meeting short and make it interesting for salesforce to participate.
Sales meetings are held to garner maximum utilization of the resources and to get better performances from the salesforce for the company, and these objectives can be achieved as desired by preparing an effective sales meeting agenda.
The sales agenda is written for every individual who is working as a field sales representative. These are the individuals who are in constant contact with customers and need to have the latest information in their possession to derive maximum benefits.
The agenda can also include sales agents, distributors, and major stockists if changes are anticipated by the company about the prices of products, commissions, and trade discounts. However, the primary targets of the agenda are the salesforce.
Table of Contents
Points to consider while drafting Sales Agendas
- The agenda should contain the essential features of the meeting by prioritizing and categorizing the important topics.
- The agenda should be prepared in a systematic format to be understood by the entire sales force.
- The organizer or supervisor of the meeting should take the lead in writing the agenda.
- It should also have summary sales records and any corresponding data which may be required during the meeting.
A sales agenda should be limited to the information mentioned above as it would be essential for the management to complete the meeting within the shortest time possible.
Example of Sales Meeting Agenda 1
[Location And Time]
Sales Meeting Agenda
[Host: Name of the Host Of the Meeting]
[Attendees: Names of All Attendees Invited]
9 AM To 9:15 AM — Brief Introduction.
9:15 AM to 9:45 AM — review of the minutes of the previous meeting.
– Sales activity.
– Activities in the pipeline.
– Status of the goal.
9:45 AM to 10:45 AM — break.
10:45 AM to 11:30 AM — feedback.
– Success stories of salespersons.
11:30 AM to 11:30 AM — upcoming week
– Scheduled sales activities.
11:50 AM to 12 PM — adjournment
Review projections for the budget by the owner.
Submission of proposals to sales departments by the owner.
Listing of outstanding items by the sales department.
Example of Sales Meeting Agenda 2
Daily Sales Meeting Agenda
[From BEP Automotive]
[Attendees: Names of All Attendees Present at the Meeting]
Morning Sales Meeting Agenda
Review the business activity of the previous day.
– Showroom log.
– Telephone log.
– Email log.
– Activity sheets of the salesforce.
– Review incoming vehicles.
– Review the number of vehicles needed.
– Vehicle display.
– News from the manufacturers.
– Update of the latest market knowledge.
– Any of the business.
– Ongoing business activities that need to be considered.
Example of Sales Meeting Agenda 3
[From Name of the Company]
Weekly Sales Team Meeting
Sales Results actual sales vs previous year vs planned sales.
- Sales in the current month.
- Sales for the entire year.
- By category.
- By customer.
- Fresh business targets.
- Last week.
- This week.
- Next week.
- Following three weeks.
Key initiatives for the next three months.
- Upcoming marketing activity.
- The results of the last week: actual sales vs. planned with explanations for any variances.
- Plan for this week.
- Results of the previous week.
- New connections developed.
- Included in an email blast.
- Meetings of this week, next week and beyond.
Fresh business from existing clients.
Date of the next meeting.
Sales meetings also provide opportunities to various members of the sales force to meet their counterparts and gather information about how they should be managing the job assigned to them.
A sales meeting agenda will only make it easier for the entire sales department not just to discuss the topics mentioned in the agenda but also to exchange information between themselves which will eventually benefit the company.