If you are having a packed week ahead of you and are facing difficulties keeping up with your assignments wouldn’t it be better for you to begin preparing a weekly agenda? It can help you by proving as a reminder of the tasks unit to accomplish on every day of the week.
The weekly agenda will ensure you don’t miss out on meetings and appointments and will also help you to manage your time better.
If you decide to make a start with a weekly agenda, you will have to begin writing the same over the weekend or even on a Monday morning.
The agenda you write can be used both for business and personal reasons and as you will be in charge of the agenda usually ensure it is written and ready before the first day of the week.
You can leave some blank spaces in the agenda to incorporate any unexpected tasks which may appear without warning. However, the primary list of your tasks should be mentioned on the agenda because they can help you begin your preparations for the week.
The weekly agenda is always written by an individual for himself or herself. Individuals in highflying positions who have little time for such matters may assign the task of writing the agenda to their secretaries but must understand that some of the agenda will still be incomplete.
Secretaries in the office will not have information about personal tasks of individuals, and therefore the weekly agenda is better written by the individual who is going to follow the information.
Table of Contents
Points to consider while drafting Weekly Agendas
- The weekly agenda must contain the dates the week begins and ends.
- The agenda must have at least of all tasks that are scheduled for a particular day of the week along with the time.
- Tasks related to business must be prioritized while personal tasks can be entered for later during the day.
- Adequate time must be provided for unexpected jobs which may crop up without warning.
- A note must also be made if no tasks are scheduled for a particular day of the week.
As the agenda has been written for the week, it should be referred to at the end of the week when the task of writing another agenda for the forthcoming week arrives. The fresh agenda must be written after considering any tasks which are left pending and need to be included in the forthcoming week.
Example of Weekly Agenda 1
Weekly Agenda Grade 12 Science
Week of [Date, Month and Year]
– Article 3 On Pathogens And Disease.
– Review for test on Tuesday.
– Test pathogens and disease.
– Hand over notes prepared.
– Remembrance Day.
– Unit 3 medical technologies, therapies, and devices.
Thursday & Friday.
– Medical technologies, therapies, and devices projects.
– Powder puff football is also slated for Friday.
Example of Weekly Agenda 2
Student Weekly Meeting Agenda
Week of [Date, Month And Year]
I. Special Agenda
A) Changing the meeting location. It was decided to alternate the meeting location between [names of the locations] on a monthly basis. We will continue to meet at [location A] through this month and after that switch to [location B] from the next month.
B) review the student self-service priority channel display.
C) review the student announcement channel.
II. Priority issues.
A). Perquisites for economy clauses were entered into SCA EQ and not rolled into the other rolls. [Name of the individual] has been asked to confirm it is there in the catalog level after testing it.
B). [Name of the individual] has suggested for a new ETS position funded by SSSP and both colleges to support SSSP. It was suggested that the new position should fall under ETS as it will be serving both campuses. More work needs to be done further to define this position by receiving inputs from counseling, A & R, IR and student services.
C). Dashboard issues.
– Balances are not correct. On the student summary page, it is necessary to view the current and past cumulative balances for every quarter. This is an issue of timing as well as a primary compass issue.
– We should be looking forward to printing transcripts similar to SSB.
– When entering a new student number information related to the previous student remains on screen. [Names of the individuals] will contact the concerned parties to get a comprehensive list of the things that are wrong and validated the same.
– Counselors no longer use the dashboard to change majors.
– [Names of the individuals] will work together to rectify the problems next week.
III. The progress of other issues discussed.
Weekly agendas not only give the individuals concerned a proper method of managing their time but also makes it possible for them to accomplish more tasks than they usually would.
As time management becomes easier, the individual finds it convenient even to manage personal tasks which they would otherwise have ignored. Writing a weekly agenda proves to be a benefit even for people who are highly organized and this is a tool which should be used by everyone.