Many people are tired of holding programs that are not organized and forever looking for ways to improvise their program agenda. If you are in a similar situation, we understand it is essential for you or your organization to have a proper agenda for any program to make it smooth sailing and successful.
This page is looking forward to helping you achieve the objective of providing new information about what a program agenda is and the way you should create it for the best results.
As usual, the program agenda needs to be written soon after you decide to hold the program or receive information about a program being scheduled with you as the event manager.
The objective of writing the program agenda at the earliest possible moment is to give yourself sufficient time to initially prepare the agenda and after that begin preparing for the program itself.
The program agenda is not written for anyone unless you are working with an event management company. If you are an organizer or managing the event yourself, the agenda can also be considered as the first step towards holding a successful program.
It will help you to get organized, manage your time properly, and, have a good idea about what should be done if things were to fall by the wayside for any reason. The program agenda is the guide you need to get organized and remain so until the event is completed.
If you have decided to manage the event yourself, you can begin writing the program agenda. You are likely to have all the information about the things that need to be done or avoided. You should create a list which will help you to sort out your priorities or that of the organization as required.
Tips for drafting Program Agenda
- The topics of the program agenda must be prepared at least five days before the program. Doing so provides ample time for the attendees to make the needed arrangements and preparations.
- It is essential for you to have a timekeeper for the program to keep track of the time.
- The topics mentioned in the agenda must be assigned a certain timeframe to manage time efficiently.
- The agenda must be by the object of the program.
- The program agenda should be devoid of technical jargon, and an effort must be made to ensure it is easy to understand for all attendees.
These are just some of the tips which you may consider. You may have some tips of your own which you can include or decide to pass along to your peers who may be struggling to prepare a program agenda by themselves.
Example of Program Agenda 1
Program For Preventing Alcohol And Risk-Related Trauma In Youth
Agenda For the PARTY Program
9:15 AM To 9:30 AM – Welcome students to the program and explain what’s P.A.R.T.Y. and divide the students into groups.
9:30 AM to 10 AM — video presentation by the police.
10 AM to 10:30 AM — EMS presentation with a video of texting and driving.
10:35 AM to 10:55 AM — trauma room GROUP A – morgue tour
11:20 AM to 11:15 AM — trauma room group B – morgue tour
11:20 AM to 11:55 AM — injury survivors.
12 PM to 12:30 PM — lunch.
12:30 PM to 12:50 PM — substance use and abuse.
12:55 PM to 1:15 PM — suicide prevention.
1:15 PM to 1:35 PM — fatal vision stations.
2 PM to 2:15 PM — conclusion after handing out evaluation sheets with tips and contract for life along with a class photo.
2:15 PM — transportation back to the school.
Example of Program Agenda 2
Program Management Team Meeting
Purpose of the Meeting:
– to conduct an executive review of the Corps program related to the Everglades restoration program.
– To provide information to all members of other projects of the Corp. which are ongoing or being planned.
1:30 PM to 1:45 PM — welcome and review of the minutes.
1:45 PM 2:45 PM — review of projects ongoing in South Florida
– PMP’s and program level management plans posted.
– Project highlights.
– District summary sheet review.
2:45 PM to 3 PM — meeting closure.
– Discussion of issues from other groups.
– Date and time of next scheduled meeting.
Having a program agenda makes it easier for you or any individual managing the event successfully to accomplish the objectives desired within the specified time frame.
Apart from being a guide for managing the program efficiently it also has the potential to display professionalism in the individual who has written the program agenda and managed it effectively.
Writing a program agenda should not be considered as a cumbersome activity, but it should rather be welcomed because it allows you or the organization to compete for an event smoothly without encountering any difficulties.