A planning agenda is created by a company or an organization to make a list of items that need to be accomplished within a specific period of time for a particular process. The objective of creating the agenda is to ensure that the process or event is successfully completed during the execution stages.
Planning agendas are available in various forms depending upon the kind of activity they are going to be used for as well as the items that need to be fulfilled by the company or organization.
As it is common with agendas of all types a planning agenda also needs to be written the moment plans are underway for accomplishing the list of items by the organization or company within a specific period.
A planning agenda would be defeated if it is not written immediately after plans are prepared to achieve certain objectives in an entity which could have numerous employees within their fold.
Having a plan without an agenda would be similar to having an agenda with no plans in mind. Under the circumstances, the writing of the planning agenda must begin soon after the plans are made for the activities that need to be implemented or accomplished.
The planning agenda is written for all individuals that are expected to be participating in a particular process or event. The individuals could be employees of an organization, an event management company or even representing a group of people who could be having diverse objectives.
It is particularly important for those people that are expected to assume responsible roles in the activity and therefore cannot be overlooked by any entity.
Points to consider while drafting Planning Agendas
- The date, time, venue and the type of activity planned should be mentioned on the agenda.
- The number of invitees expected to attend may also be listed on the agenda.
- Depending upon the plans proposed the creator of the agenda can adopt a flexible strategy for the planning.
- It is essential for the creator to remember that every plan may require a different agenda and therefore he or she must make it a point to gather proper information about the event before they sit down to prepare the agenda.
The creators must bear in mind that the planning agenda needs to be prepared professionally especially when the matter relates to companies and organizations.
Example of Planning Agenda 1
XYZ Business Consulting And Strategic Planning
Sample Strategy Planning Off-Site Agenda
9 AM To 9:45 AM
– Team Introductions, History of the Organization & Individual Background.
– Name of the facilitator and his or her role.
– Ground rules of the facilitation.
– The rules for the oncoming days.
9:45 AM to 10:30 AM
– presentation of the latest strategic plan.
– The measure of success and things to begin building on.
10:30 AM to 11 AM.
– Icebreaker game to set the tone for the day.
– Survival game to make strategic choices.
11 AM to 11:30 AM.
– What makes our organization.
– Core competencies & competitive advantages.
– Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats [swot].
11:30 AM to 12:15 PM.
– Open discussion
12:15 PM to 1:15 PM
1:15 PM to 2:15 PM
– organizational values & guiding principles.
– The negative behaviors which need to be addressed with a statement on the values.
– How much do the stated values differ from actual behavior?
2:15 PM to 3 PM.
– External analysis.
– Environmental Scan.
3 PM to 3:15 PM.
3:15 PM to 4:15 PM.
– The vision of the organization for the next year, three years, five years, 10 years & 25 years.
– Why should we go there?
– What is winning?
4:15 PM to 5 PM.
– What is the mission of the organization?
5 PM to 5:30 PM.
– Recap for the day.
– Questions, concerns, and thoughts about the day before adjournment.
Example of Planning Agenda 2
Party Planning Agenda
[From Name of Individual Organizing the Party]
1. Create an invitation to the party.
2. Find recipes.
3. Create recipes as required for eight people.
4. Prepare a grocery list.
5. Go shopping for groceries.
6. Choose a beverage to be served during the party.
7. Select a set of food items for serving at the party.
The individual preparing the party planning agenda will need to write their agenda himself or herself and also send out the invitations personally. Creating a planning agenda will solely depend on the kind of plans which have been put forward for implementation.
An organization may have a set of requirements that are different than an individual. It is important that the agenda prepared must be suitable for the occasion it has been written.