An agenda is a requirement whenever you are planning an event such as a business conference, a summer camp or even a training program. The primary function of the agenda will be to list the entire routine of the event to give both you and the attendees a better picture of the whole program.
If you are planning an event which involves some training for the staff of your company or even students in the class, it will be suggested that you begin preparing a learning agenda because it will help you to organize yourself as well as make it easy for your guests to participate in the program wholeheartedly.
If you want to give advance information about the program to your guests and also to prepare yourself with the subjects it would be beneficial to begin writing the learning agenda the moment you have planned for the same.
An agenda which is prepared early will prove beneficial for all parties and therefore comprehensive information about the learning program must be collected and provided to the guests in the form of a learning agenda.
Inviting a group of people to a learning event without providing any information about what the event is being held for and any other details would be similar to creating a state of confusion which the guests will have difficulties in comprehending.
On the other hand, if you have an agenda in hand for the event you can rest assured that your event has taken its initial steps towards success. A learning agenda also serves a similar purpose because it prepares you on the subject of how to educate others and your guests on the kind of subjects they can expect to learn. Learning programs are not public affairs and in most cases are limited to just a certain number of guests.
The organizer of the learning program is the one who needs to take the initiative for preparing the learning agenda. As the organizer, it will be your responsibility to provide your guests with all the information about the learning program without missing out on even the minutest details.
The responsibility of preparing the learning agenda will rest on the shoulders of the organizer. You cannot assume that it will be a concerning subject because this is just a task where you need to list out your plans on paper before handing them out to your guests to prepare themselves.
Key Features Of a Learning Agenda
- The date of the learning agenda along with the time and the location must be mentioned on the agenda prepared.
- The duration of the learning program must be specified in the agenda.
- The subject of the meeting must be provided to the guests to enable them to prepare for the meeting before they arrive.A learning agenda for businesses and companies are not similar to learning in a school and therefore you cannot adopt an attitude which may bore guests. You should rather be looking forward to making the subject interesting and fun because it will ensure more participation by your guests and ensure the success of the event.
- Having a smart timetable which specifies the things that need to be done during the day will make your learning agenda look professional and perhaps enhance the interest of your guests.
Writing a learning agenda is not a difficult task until you decide to make it one. Get down to the basics and you will have an agenda prepared for the event you have planned within a matter of moments.
Example of Learning Agenda 1
[From Name of the Individual]
Minutes of Learning Agenda For Contractual Services
1 — Introductions and minutes of the previous meeting.
2 — Matters to be discussed.
3 — The strategic relevance of the learning in the group.
4 — Update service information and details of contract manager.
5 — Q n A assessments.
6 — Performance data.
7 — Feedback from invitees.
8 — Questions and concerns.
9 — Any agenda items requested by the invitees.
10 — Any other business.
11 — Adjournment.
Example of Learning Agenda 2
Phase 1 – Kickoff [Can Be Conducted Live Or Online] – Time Allotted Two Hours
Understand why the participants are present for the learning.
- Logistics of the program.
- An overview of the methodology.
- Choosing a project.
- Defining the project.
- Introduction to the house.
Kickoff session agenda
- Sponsor kickoff.
- Why we are here.
- What are we looking to accomplish?
- Have each person discuss the project they have selected.
- Discuss whether the project is the foundation for the online learning program.
- Questions and next steps.
- Discuss any questions or open issues.
- Have every person select a consulting partner for a learning experience.