Sample Cover letter for Retail Merchandiser
Reader’s eye will first fall on the cover letter before resume and so it is essential to have professional cover letter. Some of the people make good pre preparation but they do mistake of neglecting cover letter. Have a glance at the format mentioned below in order to understand what is to be written and what not while applying for Retail Merchandiser.
(Write your name and address)
1380 Stratford Drive
(Write Employer’s name and address)
General Mills Inc
2074 Frank Avenue
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
With the recommendation of friend and advertisement placed by you in JobCentral.com I came to know about vacancy for Retail Merchandiser . I would like to keep my working abilities in front of you people if got a chance. General Mills Inc in Kaneohe is known for its value added work and I am looking forward to be part of it.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- In this role, I was employed as a Retail Merchandiser.
- The role involved travelling to clients’ premises throughout the UK to re-merchandise stock to new plans during periods of refurbishment or complete refits.
- The two main clients were Sainsburys and B&Q. The role required me to work quickly and accurately, to layout stock in accordance with new plannograms and projected sales of the business.
- The role also required computer knowledge so that reports and price tickets could be printed as and when required.
- Two main personal attributes required for this role were flexibility in working days and hours and the ability to perform to high standards whilst working on your own in smaller sections or within a team on larger ones.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I am expecting an arrangement of meeting in a coming week in order to carry out the interview session. Kindly let me know the date and timing via email or by telephoning. Thank you for denoting precious time.