Sample Cover letter for Unix System Administrator
While applying for Unix System Administrator you might have to face lot of competition and to stay in competition your first step would be preparing striking cover letter. Your cover letter should have ability of hitting the dart to the point.
(Write your name and address)
4194 Walt Nuzum Farm Road
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Provident Financial Group
4599 Wildrose Lane
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
Via YAHOO! HotJobs , I learned of Unix System Administrator for your office at Rochester . I am interested in joining Provident Financial Group in this position. I believe there would be a good fit between my skills and your needs.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Responsible for the hardware and software infrastructure of web-based services, including the student portal and virtual learning environment- which are used by over) students per day and regarded as key systems.
- Also primarily responsible for the corporate document management system, supporting key business areas such as student recruitment, human resources and finance.
- Scope in the role ranges from requirements analysis and tendering, through infrastructure design and build to support of the service post-implementation.
- Technical skills used include system, database and application administration as well as being acknowledged as the local expert in configuring clustering software for highly available systems.
- Functional skills developed in user requirements analysis, architecture design, data integration and the use of metadata.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I want to cover the distance from learning stage to experienced stage in this company. Thank you for considering me as good candidate and will be waiting for your feedback.