A greeting letter is written on some special occasion like the holidays to convey your greetings for the festive season. The letter should be in a cheerful and yet concise tone and should convey the joy associated with the festivals. Although there are many other ways of conveying your greetings on the occasion of the holidays like greeting cards and e cards, but there is something personal about a greeting letter as it tells the recipient that you did not opt for readymade options, but took the trouble to write the letter yourself.
Here are some helpful tips to write a greeting letter
- The letter should mention clearly the occasion for which it is being written, for instance Christmas or New Year.
- The letter need not be too lengthy to convey your feelings and good wishes and you can successfully do this with a concise letter.
- If you are also inviting the recipient to a party on the occasion of the festival, do mention the details or let them know when you will be sending the details.
- In the case of a party do ask the recipient to specify whether he or she will be attending.
- Check for any grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors.
Sample Greeting Letter
Date: ____________(Date on which the letter is written)
Subject: Greetings on the occasion of Christmas
Please accept my heartiest greetings on the occasion of Christmas. I do hope the festival season brings cheer and joy into your life and the lives of your near and dear ones. I do remember the party you hosted last Christmas and this year I and my wife are planning to follow suit and arrange Christmas party at our residence. I invite your entire family to grace the party with your presence. I will send you the details regarding the time, party theme and my home address in a separate letter one week from now.
I do look forward to seeing you at the party.
Have a lovely Christmas.
Name and signature