One of the hardest things to do in life is to apologize. Committing mistakes is part of life, but some people find it difficult to admit their wrongdoings or mistakes. If you cannot do it in person, then writing an apology letter can help in proving your sincerity. A letter with a complete explanation using proper words can help you yield forgiveness quickly.
The way you deliver this letter will determine the feelings you portray to the reader and the chances of her or she forgiving you accordingly. So it is crucial that this letter is written properly. You must accept your mistake and ask for forgiveness in the most sincere way possible. You should mention why you are sorry, and that it won’t happen again. This letter will be a trust formed and also a reference for future quarrels. Let the letter reflect your true feelings.
Table of Contents
Sample Business Apology Letter Writing Tips
- Make a formal address or call them by the name that they are known. Never use special names or pet names since they will find your apology letter insincere. It may even look like you are mocking the person.
- State the circumstance as to what happened but do not go too much into the details or make any excuses. This will only make the other person angrier than they already are and will avoid any further misunderstanding between the two of you.
- Tell the person you have offended that you are sorry and admit that you were wrong. Sometimes people are mad at you for reasons completely different from what you thought really made them mad. This will clear things up if ever it was merely a case of misunderstanding.
- Explain why you did what you did, but never offer up a defense. Why did you say what you said or why you decided to take that course of action? Did you think it was the right action at the time? If you were just wrong then say it.
- End your letter with the promise that you would do anything to make it up to them and that you will never it happen again. Sign it and make sure that your business associate gets the letter.
Sample Business Apology Letter Template
Use our free Sample Business Apology Letter to help you get started. If you need additional help or more examples check out some of the sample letters below.
Date: _____ (Date on Which Letter is Written)
Subject: Apology letter
Dear _____(Sir or Madam),
On behalf of __________(What is the name of the holiday service?), kindly accept our sincere apologies for not giving you the kind of holiday you expected. From your complaint letter dated _______________ (What is the date of the letter?) we realized the hardships, you went through during the vacation. You have specified that you were not given the kind of hotel which was specified in the brochure.
We checked this with the tour manager and understood that it was a mistake on his part and we really apologize for all the confusions. We have taken care of the matter and we assure you that such incidents will not happen in the future. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you because of this.
As a gesture of goodwill kindly accept a free stay for three days in _________ (What is the name of the place?). You can avail this anytime in next six months. I am sure you will overlook the mistake on our part at this time and would continue to avail our holiday package.
We reassure you that such mistakes won’t be repeated in the future and look forward to a more positive association with you.
Name and Signature
Vittoria Inc Pvt Ltd
22nd East Chaamp
Rick Road, California
Dear Mr. Treavor,
It is with nice concern and regrets we received your (letter, e-mail, phone call, etc.) outlining the matter you had with our service.
Firstly, on behalf of (the company/person), I prefer to in-person apologize for your embarrassment. We settle for full responsibility for the error and that I assure you that the area units are taking the required steps to stop it from happening in the future.
We worth our customers and request you to please be happy to still offer feedback concerning our services. If you’ve got any more queries or would love to debate this matter further, please be happy to contact at my personal (provide number). We look forward to continuing serving you as a valued client.
Thank you for your priceless support,
Given below is a sample email for a business apology letter.
Dear Mr. Treavor Salvatore,
On behalf of _______ (holiday service), kindly accept our sincere apologies for not giving you the kind of holiday you expected. From your complaint letter dated _________ (date), we realized the hardship you went through during the vacation. You have specified that you were not given the kind of hotel which was specified in the brochure. We checked this with the tour manager and understood that it was a mistake on his part and we apologize for all the confusions. We have taken care of the matter, and we assure you that such incidents will not happen in future. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you because of this,
As a gesture of goodwill kindly accept (a free stay for three days in name of the lace). You can avail this anytime in next 6 months. I am sure you will overlook the mistake on our part at this time and would continue to avail our holiday package.
We reassure you that such mistakes won’t be repeated in future and look forward to a more positive association with you.