Sample Cover letter for Civil Engineering Technician
It is definitely important to prepare eye catchy resume but along with it do not neglect the importance of cover letter for Civil Engineering Technician. Cover letter play very important role in determining your working status so far and this sample letter would assist you in best possible way.
(Write your name and address)
1721 Central Avenue
(Write Employer’s name and address)
129 Holt Street
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I’m very keen to apply for this Civil Engineering Technician position with EMC Corporation. I am sure that my education and employment background matches well with your position.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- I am currently working alongside the Drainage Engineer to establish the drainage section for the council and to get systems into place.
- We are currently looking at methods to reduce costs that the drainage section currently has and to establish a more efficient and measurable maintenance system for the council’s assets (i.e. weedscreens, pumping stations).
- My future responsibilities will include the design of drainage works and adopting a senior role when on site and inspection of works.
- I have worked alongside experienced Senior Engineers using AutoCAD in order to produce drawings for tender and drawings to be used by contractors on site.
- I assisted Engineers in planning the regarding of watercourses that are unable to drain efficiently due to mining subsidence or need increased capacity.
- I completed outline designs for pumping stations with the guidance of Senior Engineers.
- I have also used survey equipment accurately for gaining levels of watercourses, plus experience of working on the railways for railway drainage taking levels of inverts of cess drains.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I want to cover the distance from learning stage to experienced stage in this company. Thank you for considering me as good candidate and will be waiting for your feedback.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.