Sample Cover letter for Director of Finance
What kind of cover letter does employer demands for Director of Finance? They basically do not need lengthy letter as they do not have to go through wide information of every letter. So keep it short yet informative. Do not skip some of the important information like experience, project handled by you, solutions provided by you, educational achievements, etc.
(Write your name and address)
3171 Quiet Valley Lane
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co.
1411 Arlington Avenue
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
Today there are many advertisements coming out for the Director of Finance but they are not as challenging as of those mentioned by Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. at Los Angeles. When I came to know about vacancy of this post via Jobing.com , I was completely thrilled.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Profit and not-for-profit accounting
- Finance / Accounting department management
- Financial statement and note preparation
- Budget planning, execution and monitoring
- Cash and asset management
- Controls and procedures development and implementation
- Computer systems design, implementation, management
- Negotiation and review of leases, contracts, agreements
- Liaison to banks, agencies, institutions, professionals
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I appreciate the opportunity to prove my skills and discuss my abilities. I am eagerly looking forward to our meeting and like to thank you for your valuable time and consideration.