The objective of writing this letter is to reject someone’s request in a professional way. These types of letters are generally written in corporate environment wherein an employee request for something and if the employer is not in a position to accept the same, he writes a denial letter. Denial letters are also very common with financial companies who normally write this letter to reject loan application or any other finance related request.
Few tips should be considered for writing a denial letter:
- It is vital to choose the appropriate wording while writing a denial letter.
- Tone of the letter should be polite and formal.
- You must clearly mention in your letter the valid reason of denying the request.
- Letter should be brief and to the point.
- Once you are through writing the letter, please recheck the same for spelling mistakes or punctuation errors.
Denial Letter Sample
Mr. Daniel Richards
143, Greenwich Apartments
Date (Date on which letter is written)
Sub: Denial of loan request
Dear Mr. Richards,
I regret to inform you that the application which you have submitted for your personal loan has been rejected by the Bank. There were certain documents which we have asked you to submit with the application, but you failed to do so. We have made certain benchmarks for loan approval and after screening your application, we saw that there are lot of information which are missing, hence we need to reject the same.
I would appreciate that once you get all the requisite documents, please call our Bank and we will be happy to serve you.
We look forward to see you soon.