An Emotional Farewell Letter is written when one is leaving an institution or a place where one lives. Such type of a letter is written to a friend, relative, neighbor or to someone who is very close to bidding him/her farewell. Through such a letter, the writer expresses his or her gratitude and bids farewell to the receiver. An Emotional Farewell Letter is written to revive the shared parts of one’s private life with a person who has guided one in times of your crisis.
Sending an Emotional Farewell Letter helps one to stay connected with your dear ones. A letter such as this is written in a way that it makes your feelings prominent to the recipient and also conveys your intention of staying in touch with the person. The writer must mention the reason for bidding adieu and, since this letter is an emotional one, the writer should include the common events cherished by both, the writer as well as the receiver.
Table of Contents
Emotional Farewell Letter Writing Tips
- The letter should be friendly but must be written formally: balance the letter as emotional letters are written differently for friends or relatives.
- It must imply your actual purpose of letter writing: don’t go on whining forever, it’s a letter and must have a proper background and reason for writing.
- It must have a proper introduction and conclusion: greet and end the letter properly.
- It must have simple yet effective words: do not use tough words that the recipient finds hard to read or to understand, but be sure about the usage words.
- Avoid excessive writing: do not make it too long, be precise.
- Use small and simple sentences: don’t drag the sentences by putting ’and’ or ‘or.’ Keep the letter small.
- Grammar must be maintained: when writing a letter, you should be aware of using grammar correctly.
- Do not be too hard on the person: if you are writing a letter to a friend then don’t be too judgemental about them.
- Appreciate the receiver: you must appreciate the receiver for their good deeds to make your life better.
- Be witty: try to write the letter in a way that would make the person laugh or smile.
- Wish for a good future: before completing the letter wish the recipient good luck for a bright future.
Emotional Farewell Letter Template
Use our free Emotional Farewell Letter to help you get started.
Date: ______ (Date on Which the Letter is Written)
Subject: Emotional Farewell Letter
Dear ___________ (Name of the Receiver),
How are you doing? I know that your grandmother passed away and that you were very close to her but do not be sad as she will forever keep a watch on you. I hope you are alright now and that everything at home is fine.
Anyway, I am writing to let you know that I am leaving the country to pursue higher studies so I cannot be there with you, though I wish to be. I shall be miles apart from you now, but I will always miss you the most. Please do not be angry with me, I’ll contact you as soon as I can, but till then, please, take care.
_______________ (Name of the Sender)
67 B, Lake Market,
April 10, 2017
23/4, Ashutosh Mukherjee Road,
I am writing this letter to tell you that there is no friendship left between you and us have given an absurd reason to break our friendship, but as I was your best friend some time back, I would forever wish the best for you.
I would like to tell you that I am moving to Canada for employment purposes. I’ll cherish the crazy memories we shared, how we supported each other in a crisis, everything is etched in my mind even today. I just wanted to tell you that I know you are hurt because of me but it was intentional from my end. You will always be my best friend, and if ever you need me, I’m only at a hand’s distance.
Goodbye and good luck to you. Be in good health always.
The following is the Email Format to be followed for an Emotional Farewell Letter.
SUBJECT: Emotional Farewell Letter
How are you? I hope you are in good spirits and that everything is fine with you.
I need to be home for at least two to three months as I need to get the name transferred off our farmyard and also manage the entire farm staff and assign their work. I need to support them morally and financially as well. My mom is still in a shocked state of mind, and my grandmother can’t manage all the conditions. I will contact you at regularly and be in touch. I have taken a break from this assessment year and will join after six months.
Don’t worry about me and stay calm.