When you are retiring or when you are changing a job, switching a company, it is important that you leave away a good impression. Especially when your friends/colleagues throw a farewell party for you, it will one of the best memories of your life. In the farewell letter, thank everyone that has been with you during the phase. It is often known to be a way of saying goodbye and thank you, to everyone.
Farewell, party thank you letters are mostly written for thanking those people who have organized a farewell party. This kind of letter can even mention the beautiful memories you have cherished together. Moreover, a person can thank the person throwing the beautiful party along with the lovely preparations. It can tend to be appreciative for the person who has received such grand party from the host.
Farewell Party Thank You Letters Writing Tips
- Be appreciative – As this is a farewell party thank you letter and a major contribution of the person throwing the party, it should be full of appreciation.
- Should be personal – This kind of letter should be strictly personal as it would be written by the person receiving the farewell party.
- Being generous – During writing farewell party thank you letter, the writer should be generous to the person organizing such farewell party.
- Being polite – While writing farewell party thank you letter, the person should use polite words.
- Being friendly – This applies to the colleagues or co-worker or classmates.
- Avoiding being too much friendly or informal – While writing such farewell party thank you letters, a person must be very much professional, factual and direct. This mostly goes with the teacher, principal or boss.
- Expressing what is within the mind – There are various common or colloquial words in the mind like “so long” or “see ya later”. These words should be said directly in the ending of the letter. A person should think well before writing such letters.
- Should be short and simple – It is better to keep this kind of farewell party thank you letters, short and simple.
- Being direct – It is saying thank you in a direct manner. Writing a farewell letter to a company or organization is a serious matter, so should be handled with care.
Farewell Party Thank You Letters Template
Use our free Farewell Party Thank You Letter to help you get started. Simply download the .doc or pdf file and customize it. If you need additional help or more examples check out the sample letter below.
______________ (Name of the office or organization)
______________ (Address of the office or organization)
I thank you all for the wonderful farewell party. I am very much honored to be a part of _________ (name of the office or organization). I have enjoyed a lot working here for the past _________ years. Moreover, I feel privileged and honored with the farewell party by the entire staff and my boss.
I would take this chance for expressing my sincere appreciation regarding my colleagues and boss. I also appreciate the time you all have given for organizing and decorating the hall for making this party a success. Moreover, I was obliged with the delicious dishes. Thank you once again. It was really a great pleasure working here along with your coordination and support.
______________ (Name of writer)
114, DP Santa Cruz Road,
Infotech Pvt. Ltd,
Dear Ms. Arora,
Thank you so much for an excellent farewell party being organized by this institute. Moreover, I thank my lovely teachers for thinking so much for me. I, Sameer Khanna, the head prefect of the school, on behalf of the whole management class, is honored for your expression of gratitude for us and arranging this outstanding farewell party within the campus. It was a lot of fun to be a part of this party. In addition, the funny games and events being organized for us, by our juniors were lovely.
We also appreciate our lovely teachers along with the non-teaching staff who took their great time and pain for decking up the assembly hall and doing such great arrangements for us. Moreover, the dinner which was served was excellent and tasty, especially the desserts. We have enjoyed a lot. Thank you once again for everything.
The following is the email format that should be followed while writing a Farewell Thank You Letter.
Subject: Farewell and Thank you Letter.
Thank you very much for an outstanding farewell party organized by the institute and our lovely teachers. I,___________, captain of the school on behalf of the entire management class would like to express gratitude to arrange such a lovely farewell party in our school campus. It was a fun to be a part of this party. The events organized by the juniors and funny games organized by the entire staff members was fun.
Our appreciations are with the non-teaching staff as well, who took a lot of pains in decorating the assembly hall and for the lovely arrangements of the party. The dinner served during the party was very delicious and the deserts were mind-blowing. We all did enjoy the accompaniments of our professors who managed their tight schedules and came to spend time with us. We all will never forget the fun-loving moments of our entire course and will cherish every moment of it. Once again thank you all on behalf of management students.