A person can write a farewell letter during leaving an office or organization. One can even write a letter by thanking the whole management along with the workers with whom that person has worked.
A person can also provide his or her new phone number along with the new residential address. The writer can appreciate and thank the people within the work place.
Here is the samples of few goodbye letter to colleagues after resignation with useful letter writing tips. You can also use our goodbye email template for coworkers. One can keep this letter either funny or emotional.
Table of Contents
Farewell Letter To Colleagues Writing Tips:
- Wishing good luck – Good luck should be wished at the ending of the letter.
- Think what you write – A person can write whatever he or she is thinking in the mind.
- Cherishing certain great moments – While writing such a farewell letter to colleagues, one can recollect some good memories spent with the colleagues and write it down.
- Can consist of humor – These types of farewell letters can tend to be witty and humorous.
- Being sincere – It is better to be genuine and sincere while writing such farewell letters. One should not fake it as it may lead the reader to feel embarrassed.
- Expressing gratitude – A person should tend to be thankful for the fellow co-workers. One should also mention how the writer was helped during needy times.
- Should be appreciative – The writer should appreciate the entire colleagues.
- Grammar should be correct – While writing such a farewell letter to colleagues, one must check the grammar and write properly.
- Using small sentences – Keeping the sentences short is a better way for writing a farewell letter to colleagues. Therefore it is better not to drag sentences.
- Use polite words – While writing a farewell letter to colleagues, a person must use polite words and phrases.
- Should be positive in nature – A positive note should be written for the colleagues who have served great amounts of time in the office.
- Should be formal or informal – This kind of farewell letter to colleagues can be formal or informal.
Farewell Letter To Colleagues Template
As you people know that our office will be closing very soon. I just wanted to say you all thanks for your support, hard work, and coordination for building up this company and making it a success. I also wanted to say farewell by letting you know that I have enjoyed a lot working with you all.
I have really enjoyed the valuable time in _________ (name of company) and spending great times with everybody. I also appreciate having the chance to work with all of you. I am honored for having such good staff as well as friendly and supportive colleagues.
Thank you for all your support these years. Wish you all best of luck and a great future ahead.
___________ (Name of writer)
Farewell Letter To Colleagues Sample, Email and Example/Format
Date: 8th August 2013
As you all have the knowledge that the present day is my last working day over Dharma Inc. and I have to transfer from this place because of certain reasons. I would like to say goodbye to everyone who is present here.
Working in this organization for six consecutive years has made my life a success. I would like to appreciate the coordination and support given by each and every colleague. I have also gathered a great experience and knowledge by working in this organization. In addition, I have gained a good amount of practical experience in this organization.
I am giving you my new phone number which is xxxxxxxxxx. I will be also giving you my new residential address as soon as I reach there. Thank you once again for everything.
Subject: Farewell Letter to Colleagues.
I wish to let you all know that today is my last day at (company name) and I will be joining as (new position) at (the new company name).
I have enjoyed my time here and appreciate the support and help you have provided to me during my tenure. I want you all to know that even though I am excited about the new career, I am sad to leave you all, who have supported me all the time when I needed your help.
I had a wonderful experience working with this company and have learned many new things which I am sure will help me in my next position. I wish that my new job also provides me with great friends and colleagues like you. The time that I have spent with this company is one of the best times of my life which I am sure I will cherish throughout my life.
I will be missing you all and is looking forward to joining a new team at the new company.
Do keep in touch and you may reach me at the email address at (email address).
Best wishes to all of you.
Thanks for everything,
Farewell Letter To Colleagues Generator
Try our letter generator to write professional, concise and quality letters within seconds.