A farewell letter is usually written when a person in bidding adieu to some place or organization or gathering. One can even write a letter by thanking the whole management along with the workers with whom that person has worked. The letter is supposed to be very polite in tone as by writing the letter, you are trying to display your gratitude towards your colleagues. You can also mention beautiful memories or certain monumental moments that you might have shared with them.
A person can also provide his or her new phone number along with the new residential address, so that there are ways of keeping in touch, with the individual. The writer can appreciate and thank the people within the workplace too. It should have the right amount of emotions associated with it, and the letter should be able to make an impact on the people who read it.
Table of Contents
Farewell Letter to Colleagues Writing Tips
- Wishing good luck – A good luck should be wished at the ending of the letter.
- Think of what you write – A person should write whatever he or she is thinking in mind.
- Cherishing certain great moments – While writing such farewell letter to colleagues, one can recollect some good memories spent with the colleagues and wrote them down.
- Can consist of humor – These types of farewell letters can tend to be witty and humorous.
- Being sincere – It is better to be genuine and sincere while writing such farewell letters. One should not fake it as it may lead the reader to feel embarrassed.
- Expressing gratitude – A person should tend to be thankful for the co-workers. One should also mention how the writer was helped during the needy times.
- Should be appreciative – The writer should appreciate every colleague.
- Grammar should be correct – While writing such a farewell letter to colleagues, one must check the grammar and write properly.
- Using small sentences – Keeping the sentences short is a better way of writing a farewell letter to colleagues. It is better not to drag sentences.
- Use polite words – While writing a farewell letter to colleagues, a person must use polite words and phrases.
- Should be positive – A positive note should be written for the colleagues who have served great amounts of time in the office.
- Should be formal or informal – This kind of farewell letter to colleagues can be formal or informal.
Farewell Letter to Colleagues Template
Use our free Farewell Letter to Colleagues to help you get started. If you need additional help or more examples check out some of the sample letters below.
As you people know that our office will be closing very soon. I just wanted to thank you all, for your support, hard work and coordination for building up this company and making it a success. I also wanted to say farewell by letting you know that I have enjoyed working with you all. I have enjoyed the valuable time in _________ (name of company) and have spent some great times with everybody. I appreciate the chance to work with all of you. You all are a sincere and hard-working lot. I am honored for having such good staff as well as friendly and supportive colleagues.
Thank you for the support, all these years. Wish you all the best of luck and a great future ahead.
___________ (Name of writer).
Date: 8th August 2013
As you all have the knowledge that today is my last working day at Dharma Inc. and I am being transferred from here because of certain personal reasons. Nonetheless, I would like to say goodbye to everyone who is present here.
Working in this organization for six consecutive years has made my life a success. I would like to appreciate the coordination and support given by every colleague of mine. I have also gathered a great experience and knowledge by working in this organization. In addition to having gained a good amount of practical experience, I have made good friends as well.
I am giving you my new phone number which is ____________. I will also be giving you my new residential address as soon as I reach there. Thank you once again for everything.
Email Format of a Farewell Letter to Colleagues.
One can write a farewell letter while one is leaving the organization. The person can write a letter thanking the entire management and the workers with whom one has worked. One can also give the latest mobile number and the latest residential address. Thanking and appreciating the people in the work place and thanking for full support. Below is a sample email format of a Farewell Letter to Colleagues. Please, feel free to use it for future references.
Subject: Farewell Letter to Colleagues.
As you all know that today is my last day over here and I need to be transferred from this place due to some personal reasons. I would like to bid farewell to all of you once and for all present here.
Working with____________(name of the company) for these three long years, I appreciate the support and coordination provided by all the colleagues. I have gathered a lot of knowledge working here and have also gained good practical experience in this company. I, as a professional, thank the entire management and appreciate my seniors for making me legible for this post.
Although I am going to change my residence, my cell phone number remains the same. Anyone of you can contact me whenever needed, on my email address as well. I will miss all of you and the company I worked for.
_______________(Name of the individual).