A cancellation letter is basically a form of communication to inform a service provider, institution or a company that the writer is dissatisfied with the product or membership and would like to discontinue it. It could also be written for any unforeseen circumstances have occurred resulting in a decision to cancel an event or a function.
Tips for writing a sample cancellation letter
- Here are a list of tips to help you write great cancellation letters
- It is always better to type the letter so that there are no spelling mistakes and problems caused due to bad or illegible handwriting.
- It should only be written when the decision is absolutely final.
- It should be given well in advance to give enough notice to the other party or company.
- Provide all the necessary details – Provide all the details about why you are canceling, complaints and your details.
- Clearly mention the reason – Be very specific and explaining why you are canceling with necessary details.
- Avoid giving wrong information – Provide information to the reader only if it is correct and authentic. Never lie or provide wrong information to convince readers.
- It can either be formal or informal depending on the nature of the event.
- It is a very important document and hence should be delivered to the corresponding person with care.
- Keep it short and to the point. Limit the letter to one page if possible.
Cancellation Letter Sample
Manager – The Time Magazine
306 Jilden Street
Chicago, IL 61160
Dear Mr. Mathew,
As I am moving out of the country next month, I am writing to you to cancel the subscription to your bimonthly magazine at the address I have mentioned below. The subscription number is 123FB and it is under the name Joseph Manchester. If you have any other requirements or queries, please contact me using my email firstname.lastname@example.org.
123 Glen Road,
Use our free Cancellation Letter Template to help you get started hassle free.
Sample Cancellation Letter Template
Dear Ms/Mr [Mention the name of recipient]
We regret to inform you that our anniversary party scheduled for the ___________(Mention the date) stands canceled. The reason for the cancellation is that there has been a sudden death in the family.
We hope you will understand the circumstances under which we have taken this decision. We once again sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Please keep praying for the peace of the departed soul.
(Name of the sender)