A cancellation letter is basically a form of communication to inform a service provider, institution or a company that the writer is dissatisfied with the product or membership and would like to discontinue it.
It could also be written for any unforeseen circumstances have occurred resulting in a decision to cancel an event or a function.
It can be written to inform the cancellation of either an order, event, application, job, contract or cancellation of reservation.
Table of Contents
Sample Cancellation Letter Writing Tips:
- Here are a list of tips to help you write great cancellation letters
- It is always better to type the letter so that there are no spelling mistakes and problems caused due to bad or illegible handwriting.
- It should only be written when the decision is absolutely final.
- It should be given well in advance to give enough notice to the other party or company.
- Provide all the necessary details – Provide all the details about why you are canceling, complaints and your details.
- Clearly mention the reason – Be very specific and explaining why you are canceling with necessary details.
- Avoid giving wrong information – Provide information to the reader only if it is correct and authentic. Never lie or provide wrong information to convince readers.
- It can either be formal or informal depending on the nature of the event.
- It is a very important document and hence should be delivered to the corresponding person with care.
- Keep it short and to the point. Limit the letter to one page if possible.
Sample Cancellation Letter Template
Name of the receiver
Address of the receiver
Subject: ____________[Mention the subject}
Dear Ms/Mr [Mention the name of recipient]
This is with regard to the cancellation of orders placed by us to your company in the order no. _______[Mention the order number] dated ________[Mention the date].
We kindly request you to cancel all the orders and delivery of the items mentioned in the said document. We would like to bring to your notice that due to changes in the plan of the company to manufacture certain kinds of products we may not require the items provided by you, hence we are forced to cancel all the orders in this regard.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused due to this. Please feel free to contact us in case of any settlement pertaining to the order.
Sample Cancellation Letter Sample, Email and Example/Format
Ms. Jillian Black
306 Lolen Street
Chicago, IL 61160
Subject: Cancellation of annual party
Dear Ms. Jillian,
We regret to inform you that our annual business party scheduled for the this Saturday stands canceled. The reason for the cancellation is that there has been a family emergency which has to be attended to immediately.
We hope you will understand the circumstances under which we have taken this decision. We once again sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We will inform you when we have finalized the date to reschedule the party.
123 Gook Road,
Pittsburgh, PA 61102.
Dear Ms/Mr. ____________
This is with regard to the cancellation of orders placed by us to your company in the order no ______ (order no.) dated ________ (date of placing orders).
We request you to kindly cancel all the orders and delivery of items as mentioned in the said document. We will like to bring to your notice that due to changes in the plan of company to manufacture certain kind of products we may not require the items provided by you, hence we are forced to cancel all the orders in this regard.
We regret the inconvenience caused due to this. Kindly contact us in any case of settlement pertaining to the orders and delivery of items. We hope that any issue, if at all will be settled by mutual consent.
Any further communication in this regard may be directly mentioned and forwarded to me or any managers.
Sample Cancellation Letter Generator
Try our letter generator to write professional, concise and quality letters within seconds.