Emotional farewell letters are written to inform the recipient about your reason for farewell giving it an emotional touch. These kinds of letters are written generally to friends, relatives, neighbours or to someone who is really close to you. Emotional farewell letters are usually not written to colleagues or bosses unless they are really close, the most common type of letters to write to your office colleagues is just to bid them good bye.
An Emotional Farewell letter is written in to communicate with the person with whom you have shared parts of your private life or a person who had guided you in times of your crisis.
Emotional Farewell Letters are written in a way that it makes your feelings prominent to the recipient and also your intention of staying in touch with the person.
Table of Contents
Emotional Farewell Letter Writing Tips:
- It should be friendly but must be written formally: balance the letter as emotional letters are written differently for friends or relatives.
- It must imply your actual purpose of letter writing: don’t go on whining forever, it’s a letter and must have a proper background and reason for writing.
- It must have a proper introduction and conclusion: greet and end the letter properly.
- It must have easy but effective words: do not use tough words that the recipient finds hard to read or to understand, but be sure about what words to use.
- Avoid excessive writing: do not make it too long, just be precise.
- Use small and simple sentences: don’t drag the sentences by putting ’and’, ‘or’. Keep it small!
- Grammar must be maintained: when writing a letter is aware of using grammar properly.
- Do not be too hard on the person: if you are writing a letter to a friend than don’t be too judgemental about them.
- Appreciate the person: you must appreciate the person for their good deeds to make your life better.
- Be sincere: while explaining the memories do not compare your positive or negative times, just write overall.
- Be witty: try to write the letter in a way that would make the person laugh.
- Wish for a good future: before completing the letter wish the recipient a good luck for a bright future.
Emotional Farewell Letter Template
(Name of the Recipient)
(Address off the Recipient)
How are you doing? I know that your grand mom passed away and that you were very close to her. But do not be sad as she will forever keep a watch on you.
Being your best friend I should have been there for you but as you know I’m leaving country for higher studies so I cannot be there with you. Please do not be angry on me, I’ll call you as soon as I can, but till then take care.
(Name of the Sender)
(Address of the Sender)
Emotional Farewell Letter Sample, Email and Example/Format
23/4 Asutosh Mukherjee Road
I am writing this letter to tell you that there is no friendship left in between us and you have given an absolutely absurd reason to break our friendship, but as I was your best friend sometime back I would forever wish the best for you.
I’ll cherish the crazy memories we shared, how we supported each other in a crisis, everything is etched in my mind clearly. I just wanted to tell you that I know you are hurt because of me but it was inten6tional from my end. You always be my best buddy and ever if you need me just know that I’m only at a hands distance.
Be in a good health and good bye and lots of luck to you.
67 B, Lake Market
An emotional letter indicates an emotional write up the reason for farewell. This letter gives the reason for farewell and can also mention the reason in depth. This letter is written to friends who are close and so it is filled with all emotions and expresses all the feelings.
247, East Street,
I am really sorry for not informing all of you that I have left for my native place. My dad passed away with a major heart attack every thing at home is ramshackle. As you all know my mom is uneducated so she did not know about the last formalities and could not handle all the things at home.
I need to be home for at least two to three months as I need to get the name transferred of our farm yard and also manage the entire farm staff and assign their work. I need to support them morally and financially also. My mom is still in a shocking state of mind and my grand mom can’t manage the entire conditions. I will call you guys at regular intervals and be in touch. I have taken a break for this assessment year and will join after six months. You all don’t worry and stay calm.
Emotional Farewell Letter Generator
Try our letter generator to write professional, concise and quality letters within seconds.