A business holiday letter is written by an employer/boss to the employee/employees to inform about his/her plans to conduct a business meeting at an out-station location and combine it with a holiday thereafter. Since the location is out-station, the employer intimates well in advance so that the employee can manage his/her commitments. The intent is to complete business work and allow the employee/employees to relax for a short while in the holiday setting.
Here are some useful tips for writing business holiday letter:
- Start by mentioning the out-station venue chosen for work and specific reasons for it if any.
- Ask the employee to attend this out-station meeting giving suitable reasons.
- Mention about the holiday he/she can enjoy with family after completing all meetings at the holiday venue.
- Clearly state the dates for the trip including official meeting dates and the duration of holiday the employee can enjoy thereafter.
- End by asking the employee to revert confirming his/her willingness.
Business Holiday Letter Sample
Date: _____ (Date on Which Letter is Written)
Subject: Business Holiday
As discussed earlier, I have convinced our management for conducting the final round of meetings with our major prospective Asian client at the organization’s beach-house at Palm Island since they have a fondness for sea-side ambience.
Since you have done all the ground-work and accompanied me in the preliminary rounds of discussions with this client, I wanted to ask you to attend the final round of talks as well before signing the contract.
As a bonus, you can get your family along and enjoy a holiday for one week at the beach-house after completing work-commitments.
We will reach the venue on 15December2013. After we complete official meetings on 17December2013, the rest of the team will return while you can stay on and enjoy a well-deserved holiday.
Please revert confirming your willingness so that we can complete necessary reservations and booking procedures.
Senior Manager, Marketing