Sample Cover letter for VP Engineer
While applying for VP Engineer you might have to face lot of competition and to stay in competition your first step would be preparing striking cover letter. Your cover letter should have ability of hitting the dart to the point.
(Write your name and address)
1751 Willis Avenue
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Bank of America Corporation
1013 Pride Avenue
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I am submitting my resume for your consideration with regard to VP Engineer position with Bank of America Corporation at Jacksonville . My previous experiences and educational background have prepared me well to perform the required duties.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Implemented Six Sigma design methodology and tool training, using outside consultants for global training.
- Increased robustness of projects from business and project execution results.
- Analyzed product data and recommended improvements for product line.
- Facilitated development sites across company completing training from Taiwan, China, and U.S., realizing beginning of significant cash flow from projects.
- Defined/reported standard set of metrics to measure development performance by product line with analysis data.
- Trained on voice of customer tools to enable better defined products to drive more financially successful products.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I welcome an opportunity to discuss with you my experience and qualifications at your convenient time. I would like to thank you for your time and consideration.