A proposal cover letter is a great business letter meant to introduce your services to a company or requesting for support, which could be either financial or otherwise.
It is a letter written by a group of people, an organization, or an individual to give a proposal on a service. It must be written formally with the details elaborate and concise.
Among the types of proposals could be;
- Supply of books proposal letter,
- Request for grants,
- A plan for undertaking a project in another organization requiring the services the applicant has.
The first and foremost point of a proposal letter is to make an elaborate introduction to them and then head to the body. With this, they will be in a clear picture of the type of company or individual they are dealing with.
Table of Contents
Tips for writing a Proposal Cover Letter
- Contact details– Start off writing a cover letter with your contact details. This should include your name, telephone contact, and email contacts. The next part is to include the contact details of the company you are seeking to offer or request for services. This proves to them that you have researched well and know more about them.
- Confirm the name to whom the proposal is being directed to– In most cases, proposals are written to large organizations. It’s essential to be precise, for the person whom you are sending the letter to avoid confusion.
- Introduction- gives a clear introduction to your company and the purpose of writing a proposal. For instance, when requesting a grant, state the use of the grant and the amount you wish to be granted. a
- Mention your strengths– What have you achieved and what is the purpose of wishing to be supported by the company you are requesting a proposal from. Analyze and prove through documentation about your achievements and prove to them that they will be in the right hands once they give you an offer.
- Be specific– To win the director’s confidence, be specific. With this, they will offer to work with you long term if they find that you are a trustworthy company or individual.
- Mention the purpose– Prove to the directors how important it will be for them to offer you a chance, for example, how your project will impact the community and realize your dreams.
- Write down a follow-up statement– Alert the manager in charge that you will soon make a follow up to know the progress of your proposal.
- Professionally end the proposal by signing off with your name and contact.
Proposal Cover Letter Template
A template is a preformatted letter that can be edited to fit the purpose of your proposal, depending on the subject matter in question as per the example below.
Phone Number ____________
Date (when the letter is written)
Dear Mr. Chris,
I am writing on behalf of ______________, a micro lending company aimed at lending funds to women around the state. We write to sincerely request for a funding of $ to aid in empowering women grow their businesses.
The grant will be used to fund the below type of businesses.
Having been in the industry for the last ________ years, people have confidence in us, and we have enabled families to have a better livelihood through financial provision at low-interest rates.
Below are some of the accomplishments that we have so far achieved from previous grants.
We hope that we will have a good working relationship with you. I will get in touch with you later to check on the progress and look forward to a great time with your organization.
Proposal Cover Letter Sample
This is a letter intended to show the writer how to come up with a smooth and readable message when making a formal proposal. An example as a grant letter as requested below.
Joe and Ber microfinance bank
Mr. Kirk May
Director of Operations,
The UN Capable Bank,
The United Arab Emirates,
Date: ____________ (Date on which letter is written)
Sub; Application for a Grant
Dear Mr. Kirk,
On behalf of Joe and Ber Microfinance Bank located in the United Arab Emirates, a reputable microlender to women entrepreneurs with zeal to improve their livelihood, I write to request a grant of $50,000 to support in the initiative of building tanks for rainwater harvesting project.
Over 10,000 women have benefited from our low-interest loans for the past 10 years, and we want to empower them further though we do not have enough funds to support this project.
This year alone, our target was to help build 8,000 houses for women in business, and our target was successful as per the attached outline on how the money was spent.
Given an opportunity, we will move with speed and ensure that the grant received will meet the needs of our community and support from the lowest to the highest income earner for a better future.
We do hope to have a mutual relationship with you, and your kind consideration is well observed. I will get in touch with you later for further discussion and a hopeful financial relationship with your company.
Director of Operations.
Proposal Cover Letter Email
An email template is a preformatted email that a business owner can use to support when writing a proposal cover letter. It must be brief, precise, and straight to the point. However, no single information should be left out. See the below example.
Subject line: Request for a Grant,
I am Arthur Kris and am writing this email on behalf of Siantele Microfinance bank to request for a grant of $50,000.
This will aid the construction of tanks for harvesting rainwater through women entrepreneurs in our County.
Over the years, we have had progressive constructions in various projects which have all been successful. Besides, we aim to promote and ensure that our women are economically empowered, but we have gone short of funds.
Attached are some of our testimonials to prove our creditworthiness and hope that you will support us on the same.
Your prompt reply is highly appreciated. I will get in touch with you in a week and discuss the possibility of finalizing this transaction.
Thanking you in advance,
(Director of Operations)
Siantele Microfinance bank Ltd.
A proposal Cover letter must be detailed with precise information, informing the receiver that you will perform the job as described. We hope that this will give you a jump start to start and offer the best.