Sympathy condolence letters are often very difficult to write, as many people are unable to pen down their expression of grief and compassion. Though a letter cannot change the past, but it can surely give support and relief to the aggrieved person. The word condolence is often connected with death, but the fact which most of us are unaware of is that condolence means sympathy.
A sympathetic condolence letter can be written to a person who has undergone a traumatic experience in his life. Apart from death, a traumatic event also includes an accident, injury, financial loss, natural disaster, divorce, still birth and serious illness.
Table of Contents
Sympathetic Condolence Letter Writing Tips:
- Writing style: It is very important to maintain the style of writing, let your letter sound sympathetic and not pitiful. Letter must be genuine and simple.
- First para: At the beginning of the letter, mention how did you find out about the unfortunate news.
- Express grief: Briefly express your feelings of grief and loss.
- Offer Helping hand: When a person is going through rough times a helping hand is what he/she often looks out for. So, offer help to the person in your letter and suggest how did you like to help the person.
- Prayer: Prayer is often the only source of hope to many in their times of trouble. Hence, if you mention in your letter that you will keep him/her in your prayers, would give the person much needed comfort.
- End with compassionate note: Always end your letter with an expression of compassion.
Sympathetic Condolence Letter Template
I am devastated to learn about __________. Please know that you will always be in my prayers. In such times of trouble it is better to pull up your socks and find the much needed strength to endure.
Please know that I’m always there with you in your times of trouble. Let me know how can I help you. I’m planning to visit my sister soon who lives in your town. I’ll meet you when I come there.
____________ (Your Name)
Sympathetic Condolence Letter Sample, Email and Example/Format
I just learned about the landslide in your area. I am glad that all of you are safe. I know how much it might have hurt you to loose your lovely house with which you had lots of your emotions attached with. My heart goes out to you in this time of difficulty.
I would like to let you know that I’m always there for you. Kindly let me know what all you need and how else can I help you.
You and your family will always remain in my prayers. God Bless, be safe.
We all feel very sad on death of any loved one. When any of your relative or known person get pass away then you can express your sorrow by writing a sympathetic condolence letter to the family of the person who has died. Select a nice paper and it will be best to write the letter in your handwriting. Through this letter you can show your support to the family of the dead person.
I got to know about the death of your mother. I would like to express my sorrow about this unfortunate happening. I know that mother have special importance in everyone’s life and it is very depressing to loss her. But everyone has to go one day and we have to accept this truth. My all blessings and support are with you and hope that God will help you to move forward in life.
Feel free to tell me if I there is anything that I can do for you. My warmest love and wishes are with you and may God bless you.
Todd M. Lowery