Farewell letters to clients are written to tell them about you’re terminating a business and if you are starting anew. If you are going to stay in the same business then notify the client about that.
The reason can be anything for you to stop the existing business and start a new one but you should give a farewell letter in a professional way to your client. These letters helps to continue the relationship with your clients even after the current business gets over.
This letters are basically written to inform your clients that their accounts will be handled by someone else now as you would be leaving the business or organization now. You need to tell your feel bad for not being available to them and mention the reason for not working. Never put any negative comments that would be taken seriously by your clients.
Table of Contents
Client Farewell Letter Writing Tips:
- Written Formally: the letter should be formal and professional.
- Positive Thought: the letter should consist of a positive note.
- Must include an Introduction and Conclusion: the letter must have a proper greeting at the beginning and an end.
- Be Specific: the letter should not be lengthy, do not drag the letter.
- Correct Grammar and Punctuation: grammar and punctuations must be checked.
- Express Gratitude: be thankful and kind to the client.
- Share Experiences: you can tell them about your experiences of working with them.
- Include Details: you may include the details of your contact and new organization.
- Do Not Criticize: criticizing your current company can lead to a bad impression of yours.
- Give Reason: tell them the reason why you are leaving the current company.
- Add Personal Details: include your personal details so that they can contact you later.
- Final Thoughts: you can tell them of your last thoughts before you take a leap in a new company.
- Wish Good Luck: end the letter wishing them good luck for the future.
Client Farewell Letter Template
(Name of the Recipient)
(Address off the Recipient)
(Designation of the Recipient)
Dear Mr. ABC,
I would like to let you know that I’m no longer working for Deli ltd. I’ll be an independent supplier from now onwards and my successor in my previous company would look after your accounts. Although you can reach me on 2435-9081 or you can mail me at ref.ABC@email.com whenever you wish.
I have enjoyed working in the company and handling accounts of clients like you. I wish you good luck and thank you for your support.
(Name of the Sender)
(Address of the Sender)
(Company Name of the Sender)
Client Farewell Letter Sample, Email and Example/Format
90 D, Eden Group
With a heavy heart I would like to inform you that I’m leaving this organization and joining Unlimited Pvt. Ltd. My association with you is coming to an end today itself. I’m joining the new company as a senior marketing manager.
I would like to thank you for your support over the years. It was an extremely challenging job that has given me a satisfying experience. I would assure you that the existing project would now be handled by my successor, whom I have explained everything.
Please give me a call if you face any problem and also keep in touch. I have learnt and gained a lot from you.
Thank You for everything.
Best wishes to you.
This type of farewell letter can be drafted by business enterprises, or like concerns for allowing the suppliers, or distributors, to convey a farewell sort of expressions. This would most likely include the convincing reason or purpose to get separated & part away in the business dealings by giving a rough idea & possible alternatives to be briefed up.
Subject: To inform about farewell with client suppliers & distributors.
Dear Mr. Wilston,
With reference to our recent telephonic conversation & in relation to the subject, this is to confirm about parting away as a supplier & leaving the entire business in the name of my close friend for some inadvertent reasons for some not so specific period without any advance notice.
Sir, knowing your continuous support & taking into consideration the likely problems to be dealt in my absence; further sending you some contacts of my trustworthy clients to ensure that your business is not affected even by an inch in the future. Lastly looking forward & seeking for our continuous support from indirect ways as I am thinking to project in some different stream line with same spirit & enthusiasm.