Farewell letters for co-workers are written when any co-worker of a company is leaving after working together for many years. Bidding farewell to a colleague is saddening.
These kinds of farewell letters are kept semi formal in nature. This letters are written to wish your co-worker best of luck for their future.
While writing the letter highlight the positive relationship you shared with your co-worker and any particular thing that you both have shared over the years must be mentioned.
Farewell letters must convey your emotions and feelings to the colleague who is leaving.
Table of Contents
Co Worker Farewell Letter Writing Tips:
- It should be semi formal: the letter should be written formally but it must be friendly as well.
- It must have a proper background: a proper background is always necessary for writing this kind of letters.
- Must be with a proper introduction and conclusion: greet and end the letter nicely.
- It must have easy and effective words: Use of simple and effective words is recommended.
- Mention memories: you must make an effort to make the person feel good.
- Use small and simple sentences: Keep the sentences short and simple!
- Grammar must be checked properly: be aware of the grammar while writing the letter.
- Appreciate: you must appreciate for the hard work they have put in.
- Express Gratitude: be thankful. Mention how you were helped by the person.
- Be Sincere: be genuine while writing about the good deeds of your co-worker, do not fake it as the person would easily understand.
- No Unpleasant Thoughts: do not mention unpleasant incident rather concentrate on the positive side of the person.
- May Include Humour: these kind of letters can be made witty given you have worked together and obviously you know each other over the years.
- Final Thoughts: you can write of the good times when the company progressed because of the boss.
- Wish for a bright future: finish the letter wishing good luck for future.
Co Worker Farewell Letter Template
(Name of the Recipient)
(Address off the Recipient)
(Designation of the Recipient)
Dear Mr. Hugh Grant,
On the final day of office we would like to congratulate you and wish you the very best of luck for the future. Your years of service to this company will forever be remembered, we would really like to thank you for all your efforts.
We would like you to know that we enjoyed your association and we got to learn a lot from you over the years. Your dedication and hard work would be forever cherished and missed by the company.
Wish you good luck and take care.
The Employees and Management
(Name of the Sender)
(Address of the Sender)
Co Worker Farewell Letter Sample, Email and Example/Format
Mr. Mark Johnson,
Manager of RIC Group of Hotels
67 C, Joka Road
Dear Mr. Johnson,
We your colleagues, also the employees and management members of the company would like to bid farewell to you. We know that you would not be coming to office from tomorrow onwards but we would like to tell you how much you will be missed.
When you joined office, we all knew you would make the company proud by using your skills as a manager of the company and we are extremely happy to have been able to work with you.
We have gained a lot of knowledge from your experience; wish you a happy life ahead and lots of good luck.
With Best Regards,
The Employees and Management
RIC Group of Hotels
Going away of any co worker is a matter of sorrow, when people have worked together for many years. Saying farewell always evokes sorrow. Nevertheless, it becomes compulsory to leave the job and search new avenues.
Dear Mr. Price,
We the Staff Members of All Saints School would like to bid you a fond farewell as you will be not are coming to school from tomorrow. We look back to the years spent with you, with immense joy. The memories of the days when we all had first joined the school together were revisited by all of us today. We all started our teaching career together and together we weathered all storms that occurred in the principal’s room.
The days spent in preparing lessons and sharing our experiences in the staff room is still fresh in our minds.
If it had not been for the advancement of your career and the opportunity of joining such a big establishment as, Oxford School we would not have allowed you to leave. Thus for the advancement of your career, we wish you an extremely happy and prosperous future.
With warm regards,
The staff of All Saints School