Farewell letter is however written to an employee, especially of an education institution. It is usually written by the principal of a school. This letter denotes certain formalities which are required to be cleared. This is cleared by a teacher on the last working day. It even says thanks to the teacher who shows a good amount of dedication while teaching the students and maintaining the name of the institute.
Tips for writing farewell letter to an employee
- Should be appreciative – This kind of farewell letter is usually presented to the person who is leaving employment, so it is better to appreciate.
- Should be grammatically correct – While writing such farewell letter for an employee, one must check the grammar properly.
- Should be short and precise – This kind of farewell letter should be short as possible and precise too. Lengthy letters should be avoided.
- Show gratitude – During writing farewell letter to an employee, a person must show great amounts of gratitude.
- Usage of polite words –One must use polite words and phrases within the letter, as rude and harsh words may embarrass the reader.
- Being generous – It is better to be generous while writing farewell letter to an employee as it sounds well.
- Expressing what is in the mind – A person can write whatever is in his or her mind in the letter. However in those times the writer should mostly think the beautiful times being spent together along with the reader.
- Thanking nicely – While writing such farewell letter to an employee, a person must thank the reader nicely and politely.
Sample for writing farewell letter to an employee Sample
8th August 2013
This is for reminding you that you are going to resign from Edmore institute and every commitment before leaving this institute. I know that you have finished the expected work from the students and also corrected the pending work till now. It has also been expected for helping the new teacher who is going to be the new in charge of the class you are leaving. Please inform her each and every work of the class along with the project work is still left to be done.
We will be missing you a lot and will also cherish those wonderful moments which h you have spent with us these years. I also thank you for the giving your support, strength and hard work to this institution and encouraging every student.
Please do keep in touch with us whenever you are free.