A holiday letter to school is usually written by the parent of a child to the class-teacher or principal requesting for permission to avail leave to go on a holiday. The parent states reasons in brief for planning a holiday during the school-session and requests the class-teacher to accommodate submission dates for the child’s projects and home-assignments.
Here are some useful tips for writing holiday letter to school:
- Begin by mentioning your ward’s name and grade.
- Mention reasons for not being able to take him/her on a holiday for a while.
- Mention that not availing a break for a holiday has taken a toll on your child’s performance.
- Mention that you have planned a holiday to spend time and enjoy with your child.
- Mention dates for holiday and ask permission for leave.
- End by thanking in anticipation.
Holiday Letter to School Sample
Date: _____ (Date on Which Letter is Written)
Subject: Permission to avail leave for a holiday
My daughter Lindsy is a student in Grade-VI. I have not been able to take my child on any vacation for the past two session-breaks due to my work, and my wife’s touring commitments.
This monotony has taken a toll on Lindsy’s state of mind which is evident in her grades and lack of interest in swimming which has been her interest. As advised by you, we have planned a holiday for ten days to our farm so that we rest, recuperate, enjoy and spend quality time with our daughter.
This holiday is scheduled during the school-sessions since we will not be able to get leave from work during her vacation period. I request you to grant her leave from 24September to 06October 2013 and oblige.
I am informing in advance so that submission dates for projects and home-assignments can be scheduled accordingly.
(F/O Lindsy, Grade-VI)