A perfect holiday letter is written by an employee to his boss asking for permission to avail leave and go for a much-awaited holiday. He gives reasons for wanting to go on this holiday and informs the name of the person to whom he will hand over information regarding his work. He also leaves his contact details so that he can be contacted in case of emergency.
Here are some useful tips for writing a perfect holiday letter:
- Begin by giving reasons for wanting to go on a holiday.
- Mention about the duration and dates of your holiday plan.
- Mention that you do not have work planned during the period.
- Mention the name of your colleague to whom you will hand over information about your current work in case your boss needs any information.
- Mention that you will leave your contact details in case of urgent requirements.
- End by requesting for leave and thank in anticipation.
Perfect Holiday Letter Sample
Date: _____ (Date on Which Letter is Written)
Subject: Permission for Holiday
My wife and I have not been able to enjoy a memorable holiday for the past five years due to our respective work commitments.
I have an offer from MakeMyTour.com for bookings at affordable prices for a 10-day off-season Europe tour starting from 24September to 05October 2013. I thought of making good this opportunity since I have no urgent work slated during the said period.
I will keep my colleague Martin briefed about my current project in case you need any information in my absence and also leave my contact details with your office in case of any emergency.
I request you to kindly grant me leave for two weeks starting 22September to 07October2013. I will be obliged to get an early confirmation so that I can go ahead with my bookings.
Thanking you in anticipation