A letter to plan a holiday is usually written by an employee in an organization to his/her boss/employer to get approval for their holiday plan. The applicant specifies the duration and dates of holiday plan. This letter is mostly written well in advance in order to book tickets, make reservations and give sufficient notice to the boss for making stand-by arrangements for the applicant.
Here are some useful tips for writing a letter for planning a holiday:
- Begin by asking permission to make plans for a holiday in the near future.
- Mention the duration of holiday and specify dates of departure and return. Also mention date of joining back work.
- Give reasons for planning this holiday.
- Nominate a colleague who will handle your job during your holiday period.
- End by requesting approval of your holiday plan and thank in anticipation.
Sample Letter for Planning a Holiday Sample
Date: _____ (Date on Which Letter is Written)
Subject: Holiday plan
I am writing this letter to ask your permission to plan my holiday for three weeks in August this year to go on a family vacation. I will avail leave from 03August to 24August2013 and report for work on 25august2013.
I have not been able to accompany my sons on a vacation for the past two years and have promised to take them to Disneyland this year. Since they have summer vacations in August, I thought of making my plans, getting your approval and then proceed with booking tickets and other reservations.
I will hand over my duties and responsibilities to my colleague Larson for the duration of my holiday period.
I request you to kindly approve my holiday plan at the earliest so that I can make my reservations and oblige. I will leave my contact details with your office in case of any emergency in my absence.
Thanking you in anticipation,