Official documents are vital for one’s development. It is a formal record of a persons’ personal and professional information. A request letter is used for graciously requesting someone for the information for the various reason. We all need to request each other colloquially for varied purposes in search of truth. This letter is one of them. The letter written for the request for production of documents is written when a person wants the required documents for various purposes like family requirements, mark sheets, birth or death certificates, marriage certificates, for divorce, etc.
A Request for Production of Documents is written formally. Requests for production of documents are used to gather information. A typical request contains several separate, numbered requests. These requests usually ask for a certain class or type of documents but are broadly worded so as to cover as many documents as possible. The types of information asked for in a request for production of documents depends on the facts of the circumstance.
Table of Contents
Tips for writing a Request for Production of Document
- Since it is a formal letter, avoid using an overbearing tone in your letter rather, be confident.
- Demand only for reasonable requests.
- Be specific. Describe efficiently about why you need the requested document.
- Be sure to provide the recipient with your relevant contact information such as address, contact number and email address for future correspondence(s).
- End your letter thanking the recipient.
Use our free Request for Production of Document to help you get started. If you need additional help or more examples check out some of the sample letters below.
Date: _____ (Date on Which Letter is Written)
Subject: Request for Production of Document.
Dear _____(Sir or Madam),
For the purpose of the case pending in Trial Court of Commonwealth some documents are requested.
The below-checked documents are requested:
- All written agreements entered into by the Defendant and the Creditor.
- All written communications, applications, correspondence or records thereof relating to the debt.
- All written communications, letters, or records thereof between the Defendant and the Creditor during the debt agreement.
- All accounts, ledgers, records or other documents including payment receipts, notes, and memorandum in which the Creditor has recorded the debits and credits made to the Defendant’s account.
- All documents, statements, reports, or notes that support or dispute the substance of the evidence the creditor intends to offer at trial.
- All documents contained in any file maintained by the Creditor regarding the Defendant that are relevant to the allegations that form the basis of the Creditor’s allegations in this action.
- All documents relating to any notice of default, Summons or Complaint.
- All documents the Creditor intends to introduce as evidence at the trial in this action.
- All reports or statements of witnesses that the defendant violated in terms of any agreement.
Name and Signature.
3512 Jadewood Farms
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Date- February 21, 2009
4587 Hidden Meadow Drive
Marion, ND 58466
Subject- Request for Production of Document.
Dear Mr. Vida
According to Md. Rule 2-422, you are hereby requested to produce the following documents, records, electronically stored information, and tangible things (including writings, drawings, graphs, charts, photographs, sound recordings, images, and other data or data compilations stored in any medium from which information can be obtained, translated, if necessary, by the respondent through detection devices into reasonably usable form), for inspection and copying.
Any and all documents on which you relied or identified in your Answers to Interrogatories, or which relate to your Answers to or the subject matter of the Interrogatories.
All documents that contain information about refers to or relate to your claim of custody in this case.
All documents containing any statements made to you by anyone with personal knowledge of the facts at issue in this case, about the facts at issue in this case.
Any and all correspondence between you and the plaintiff in the past five years, including letters, emails, text messages, and any other written or electronic communications.
All documents related to any contact, in person, oral, written, or electronic between you and the plaintiff in the past five years.
Court of Commonwealth
The following is the Email Format that should be followed while writing a Request for Production of Document.
SUBJECT: Request for Production of Document.
Dear Ms. Sienna Liversidge,
For the purpose of your case pending in Trial Court of Commonwealth some documents are requested.
1. All contracts and agreements, whether written or oral, between Debtor and Defendant in effect during the Applicable Period and all documents, including correspondence relating to it.
2. All correspondence between You and any principal, representative, agent, servant or employee of the Debtor relating to the Transfers.
3. Any and all Documents n your possession which evidence, relate to. Or describe the financial condition, solvency or ability to timely pay debts of any of the Debtors during the Applicable Period.
4. All Documents including all internal customer record(s) (commonly known as a customer ledger, account histories, or A/R Ledgers) that show the invoice dates, numbers, and the amount and the payments received by Defendant from Debtor, for the account relationship between Defendant and Debtor for the Applicable Period.
5. All documents which You intend to introduce into evidence or mark as an exhibit at the trial in this adversary proceeding
6. All documents you believe support any purported defenses to the claims asserted in the Complaint.
Please send these documents at the soonest to the undersigned for smooth proceedings.
2548 Doctors Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90017