A Company’s Code favors the employer as well as the workers, with rules and regulations that state as to what is acceptable and what is unacceptable in the workplace. The company’s policies account for all the information on subjects like taking paid leave, learning and training, worker evaluation, drug testing, and social media usage. It is vital to communicate all the company’s codes, including the new ones and the changed ones to the workers.
A letter informing employees of the change in policy is a formal letter written to inform the employees of a company or organization of any recent changes, improvements or improvisations in the company’s or group’s current function policy.
This letter is crucial as it informs all the members or employees of any changes that are to be adhered to in the future. Anybody who doesn’t receive such a letter may be indifferent to the changes and may, therefore, make a mistake that could have been avoided. Also, mention that the revised policy will help in the growth of the company or the organization.
Table of Contents
Letter To Notify Employees Of Change In Policy Writing Tips
- Always be transparent with your changes. Mention them. Changes in store policies are to be recorded concisely and correctly so that there is no confusion among the employees. This is important if all the changes are to be implemented properly by all the employees or members.
- Always apologize if the changes you’re making are changes you know will cause some inconvenience to the employees or members. For example, if you have increased the timings of the store from 7 p.m. to 8 pm, be sure to apologize because some employees might have to travel a greater distance and may, therefore, take more time in reaching home.
- Summarize the new policy immediately, without getting bogged down in minute details. Include effective dates.
- Use an optimistic, hopeful tone (rather than a scolding tone) that makes readers feel as though the change is in their favor. Giving sufficient knowledge goes a long way toward helping employees accept changes.
Letter To Notify Employees Of Change In Policy Template
Use our free Letter to Notify Employees of Change in Policy to help you get started.
Date:__________[on which the letter is written]
Subject: Notification of change in policy.
To All Employees,
We wish to inform you of some changes that have been made in the functioning of our group, effective immediately. The changes are those as listed below:
[Mention all the changes made in the existing policy. Be concise and detailed.]
We hope all the employees will adhere to these changes as they have adhered to the previously functioning policy. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your cooperation in advance.
_________ [Team and designation]
Human Resource Department,
Subject: Change in store policy.
This letter is being written to you all to inform you of certain changes the management has felt it necessary to introduce into the current policy structure. We hope that all our employees and will read and correctly comprehend our new policy.
Here are some new changes:
- The timings of the store’s openings have been modified, from 10.00 pm to 10.30 pm. This is at the request of several senior employees.
- There will be strictly no exchange of commodities once they have been purchased.
- No food items are allowed on the balcony of the store. This rule is important as food was permitted to be eaten in the balcony. However, the new store policy prohibits this.
- We hope all the employees have taken note of this change. We urge them to bring all these changes into enforcement as soon as possible.
Human Resource Department.
The following is the Email Format to be followed for a Letter to Notify Employees of Change in Policy:
To All Employees,
This is the notification from the Transport Department to all the staff of Tourism Department of _________________ Company (name of the enterprise).
As per the enterprise policy, all of you are entitled to avail cabs from the morning, and all the employees are provided with cabs at any shift timing but going forward there is a slight change in the policy. Employees who are logging in at 6.30 am to 7.30 am and log out after 8.30 pm will be provided with cabs for home pickup and drop.
The employees of remaining shifts will have to take a bus from there pick up points. We have ended the bus routes to all your respective managers, and you can check the bus numbers and the pick-up points. Employees are requested to be on time; the buses will not wait for anyone.
Employees are also requested to take the buses only if they are getting dropped at the office; there will be no drop in between the routes. Also, the cabs will pick up from home to office and office to home.
Cabs will not be provided for any personal drops. All the employees are requested to be alert to inform any malpractices about the driver mainly female employees are requested to report about any misbehavior of the driver. If the first pickup in the cab is a female employee, please check if security is provided or else do not board the cab.
If there is anything you would like to clarify, please contact through this email thread only.