This is a letter usually written to an individual, a company or any social organization asking them for contributions for those who are in need. This is a type of request letter where the sender requests the receiver to help them financially by attending the fundraiser or donating directly. The sender must state the reason for the request explaining how it will be useful for the ones in need. You must only request the receiver and not beg.
This letter should be dispatched with adequate proof to convince the reader of its validity. It has to be a very formal request explaining how it is related to so many people’s lives and sentiments and telling them how big an impact they will be making by doing so. You should also mention if they have helped the organization in the past and thank them for the same. Following are the tips and format for the letter/mail:
Table of Contents
Charity Fund Raising Letter Writing Tips
It is always better to type the letter so that there are no spelling mistakes and problems caused due to bad or illegible handwriting.
- Provide all the necessary details – Provide all the details necessary for the reader to completely understand what the purpose is and what your plan is.
- Introduce your organization – Talk briefly about your organization and the role played by the organization. Other credentials like credentials of the organization, past success and general information about your organization.
- Clearly state your idea – Be sure to state the idea clearly. Any indecision casts doubts on the minds of the readers. Clarity improves the chances of obtaining charity sources.
- Avoid giving wrong information – Provide information to the reader only if it correct and authenticate. Never lie or provide wrong information to convince readers.
- Always use a professional tone – Remember to always maintain a professional tone when writing a charity letter.
- Say thank you – Always use polite language and remember to say thank you. Explain how helpful it will be for the recipients of the charity.
- Always remember to use a positive tone. It helps a lot.
- Limit the letter to a single page if possible.
- While ending the letter a thank you note to all should be mentioned. That would make a positive impact.
Charity Fund Raising Letter Template
Use our free Charity Fund Raising Letter to help you get started.
Subject: ________________[Mention the subject]
Dear [Mention the name of recipient]
As you know about the ________[Mention about the disaster], our city was hit pretty hard. It has caused extensive damage to life and property. In the past, you have helped our organization by donating ________[Mention the amount donated previously] for the victims of the earthquake last year.
It proved to be very helpful to the victims. Thus, we are writing to you asking you for your help. Please feel free to donate any amount of money or any other food products to help the victims recover and get back to their normal lives.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to go through the letter and looking forward to your co-operation.
[Your City, State, Zip Code]
[Your Phone Number]
2 Boulter Close
Fitz Creek QLD 4860
Mr. Ethane Kinsela
84 Weemala Avenue
Nanami NSW 2806
Subject: Fund Raising for mentally disabled people
Dear Mr. Ethane,
Hi. I am Lily Godfrey, and I am writing this letter on behalf of ABC NGO. Ours is an organization for mentally challenged people, where we teach them some means of livelihood with which they can earn their living. We also have a school for them where we teach them to read and write.
Here along with this letter, we have enclosed a calendar painting by our extremely talented students. They have done this with help from our teachers. It has taken almost two to three months to complete. More such paintings will be auctioned in the exhibition which is being organized on Sunday in our school.
I hope you will be there to encourage us and help us in any way possible.
2 Boulter Close
Fitz Creek QLD 4860
The following is an example of an email from the Charity Fund Raising:
Dear Mr. L. Smith
This email is regarding the problems that we are facing due to the earthquake that hit our city a few days back.
As you might already know that our city was hit by an earthquake a few days ago. It has caused extensive loss of life and property. In the past, you have helped us by donating us on an annual basis.
It proved to be very helpful for the victims. Thus, we are writing to you to seek some help. It would be very kind of you if you could donate any amount of money or any other food products, clothes, etc. to help the victims recover and get back to their normal lives.
Thanking you and looking forward to your co-operation.