A Charity Letter for School is a letter written to a school by a person or an organization who wishes to help the school by donating money or other items. Such type of letter is used by those recipients who want to give or request donations. For instance, when someone who is wanting to give an amount of money or property to any generous and charitable organization. This letter is a sign of goodwill extended by the writer to the organization.
In a Charity Letter for School, the writer discloses the amount of contribution, his/her details, address, and necessary contact details. The writer also tells about the reasons for contributing, such as the extraordinary performance of the educational institution to which the donation is being made. Money can also be donated to a school for the welfare and empowerment of orphans or mentally challenged children. Such type of a letter should be concise and genuine. It may or may not contain the exact amount which is to be donated.
Table of Contents
Charity Letter For School Writing Tips:
- It is always beneficial to type the letter so that there are no spelling mistakes or problems caused due to bad or illegible handwriting.
- Provide all the necessary details– Provide all the details necessary for the reader to completely understand what the purpose is and what your plan is.
- Introduce your organization– Talk briefly about your organization and the role played by the organization and other credentials like credentials of the organization, past success and general information about your organization.
- Clearly state your donation– Be sure to state the donation amount clearly. It will be helpful to the recipient to know what donation he/she will be receiving.
- Always use a professional tone– Remember to always maintain a professional tone when writing a charity letter.
- Thank the reader or organization for their consideration, time and help.
- Always remember to use a positive tone. It helps a lot.
- You can include how the payments will be made to the charity.
- Similarly, keep the letter short and simple
Charity Letter For School Template
Use our free Charity Letter for School to help you get started.
Date: _____ [Date on Which the Letter is Written]
Subject: Charity Letter for School
Dear _____ [Sir/Madam],
Recently, I came across the wonderful work done by you and your organization in running a _______________ [Mention the Name of the School] for ______________ [Mention for Whom the School is Being Run]. As a matter of fact, I was touched deeply when I read about the school. Henceforth, I have decided to make a small contribution to the school.
As a result, I would like to contribute _____________ [Mention About Your Contribution]. Moreover, I do hope that this small contribution will be helpful. I greatly admire your work and hope that you continue to help the cause. In any case, please contact me if you would like me to do anything further to help your organization. Therefore, here is my phone number _____________ [Mention Your Phone Number] at which I can be reached anytime.
______________ [Name and Signature]
Walter K. Blackwelder
270 Tibbs Avenue
Cooke City, MT 59020
June 13, 2009
Joseph C. Wary
55 Vesta Drive,
Lombard, IL 60125
Subject: Donation for school
Dear Mr. Joseph C. Wary
I came to know about your school a few days ago, and I am very glad and hope your hard work takes this school to greater heights every year. Consequently, the best feature of your school is that the school admits only the poor and orphans who cannot afford to pay for their education.
Moreover, I also came to know that your school runs mainly on charity. I admire and respect the kind of work you have been doing and would like to make my real contribution to the school.
For this reason, I would like to donate a sum of $3000. However, the amount might not benefit all the students, but at least some children will be benefited by it surely. In any case, please feel free to ask me for any other favors as I would wholeheartedly help your cause.
Walter K. Blackwelder
Acceptance of Honour Letter can also be written in an email format.
The following is the Email Format to be followed for an Acceptance of Honour Letter.
SUBJECT: Acceptance of Honour
Dear Mr. Joseph C. Wary,
I came to know about your school some days ago, and I was very glad and overjoyed. I acknowledge and hope your hard work takes this school to greater heights every year. The best feature of your school is that the school admits only the poor and orphans who cannot afford to pay for their education.
Meanwhile, I also came to know that your school runs mainly on charity. I admire and respect the kind of work you have been doing and would like to make my real contribution to the school.
For this reason, I would like to donate a sum of $8000. However, the amount might not benefit all the students, but at least some children will be benefited by it surely. In any case, please feel free to ask me for any other favors as I would wholeheartedly help your cause.