A charity letter is written to business, organization or any person to help provide funds for relief or individuals who are victimized by natural disasters or who are in need. The primary purpose of such a letter is to ask for funds for a charity function/ organization; With that in mind, it is necessary not to seem too needy but still making a point of how much receiving donations would help the cause. The most important part is to convince the reader to bestow ample donation for the cause. Hence one has to be formal, polite and convincing enough.
The letter should be genuine and be dispatched with the receiver’s name and address along with the required proof to convince the reader of the credibility of the donation. Charity letter should always be written on a particular organization’s letterhead so that the receiver accepts it without any hesitation. It should contain the cause for which charity is needed and a specific amount of charity. Being transparent about the amount and period for charity will help you to get the necessary help as soon as possible. At the end of the letter don’t forget to thank him/her so that he/she will look forward to helping you.
Table of Contents
Charity Intent Letter Writing Tips
- It is always better to type the letter so that there are no spelling mistakes and problems caused due to bad or illegible handwriting.
- Provide all the necessary details – Provide all the details required for the reader to completely understand what the purpose is and what your plan is.
- Introduce your organization – Talk briefly about your organization and the role played by the group. Another credential, past success, etc. can be mentioned but make sure it does not sound like you are bragging.
- Avoid giving wrong information – Make sure that the information you provide them is authentic. Never lie or provide incorrect information to convince readers.
- Always use a professional tone – Remember to always maintain a professional tone when writing a charity intent letter.
- Say thank you – Always use formal language and do not forget to say thank you. Explain to the people how thankful you are for the charity.
- Make sure you use a positive tone. It will be helpful.
- Keep it simple, clear and to the point. Limit the letter to one page if possible.
Charity Intent Letter Template
Use our free Charity Intent Letter to help you get started
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
Subject: ________________[Mention the subject]
Dear [Mention the name of recipient]
I am _______[Mention your name]and I am a _______[Mention your post and organization]. I am a part of an organization which works for the welfare of physically challenged children by providing them with _______[Mention what is provided].
My organization has planned to organize a fundraiser. This would help us to get funds so that they can get the required equipment and materials which they cannot afford.
This letter is to request you to donate items for the auction to be held during the fundraiser. It would be extremely helpful to the children we pledge on supporting and to us. Hence, this is a sincere plea for you to help us, as much as possible.
Mr Chad K. Brownfield
Founder – Growth Social Beneficiary Pvt. Ltd
4289 Murphy Court
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Date: 30th October 2014
Mr. Melvin D. Seward
3600 Fantages Way
Coeur D Alene, ID 83841
Subject: Charity Intent Letter
Dear Mr. Melvin,
I am Chad K. Brownfield, founder of the Growth Social Beneficiary Pvt. Ltd which helps the poor section of our society get through the harsh winters. On behalf of our organization, I at this moment request you to please donate some money to a charity for getting shelter clothes and other necessities.
We know that you have been associated with many charitable trusts. Thus, we approach you. Our organization was established five years ago, and since then we have tried our best to sincerely help people who are in need across the country. It is our honorable request that you help us and help the needy and the have-nots this season.
Mr. Chad K. Brownfield
Below is a sample of a Charity Letter in an email format:
Dear, Mr. Melvin
I am Mr. Chad K. Brownfield founder of Growth Social Beneficiary Pvt. Ltd. On behalf of our organization, I at this moment request you to please donate some amount of money from your income to a charity for our social cause. Our organization is helping poor and needy people providing them with getting shelter, clothes and small work.
We know that you have been associated with so many charitable trusts and thus we approach you. Our organization was established in the year 2005, and since then we are sincerely helping people who need our help.
Till now we have provided shelter, clothes, and work to almost 20,000 people across the country. We hope that you will do the needful and donate as much amount as you want.
Mr. Chad K. Brownfield