A college reference letter is written in order to recommend a student to the head of a college, for the admission after the school studies. The letter contains all the necessary details of the student clearly describing the educational qualifications and remarks. And hence this becomes quite an assurance for the college authority on the qualities of the student giving a proper understanding about him/her.
Some of the specific tips and rules to write a college reference letter:
1. The letter must be an exact formal one, showing proper gratitude and respect for the receiver.
2. The letter must be addressed to the right person in order to avoid misunderstandings.
3. The letter must contain all the specific details of the students including the past academic background and qualifications.
4. The letter must have to be checked for mistakes or errors.
5. The letter must be ended, giving due respect and thanks giving to the receiver.
College Reference Letter Sample
Date: ________ (date of writing the letter)
Subject: letter for reference for college
This letter is to recommend one of my students, I’ve taught for three years, for the admission in your college. He is no doubt an excellent student, securing good marks in each and every subject. His name is ABC, passed out from PQR School. Not only this, but his extreme leadership and organizing qualities have helped many of his friends with proper guidance in studies as well as different kinds of events. It can be said that he represented his batch in every vital events.
I’m sure he’ll prove to be one of the best students of your college. And that’s why I’m greatly recommending him for your college as I want the best for him. I’d be really grateful to you if you grant my request.
Name and signature