What Is Acceptance Letter?
The acceptance letter is when you are using the mode of written communication to accept a particular position or an award. Talking about the position, it can be related to anything like:
- New location of reporting office
- Reporting to a superior person, etc.
It is important for you to have correct information in order to write an acceptance letter.
What Is an Ideal Way to Write a Job Acceptance Letter?
Job acceptance letters are popularly written by the candidates who passed their interviews. Do you know the reasons why it is important to write an acceptance letter? There are 2 reasons:
First, is that it is an intelligent way to confirm your salary structure and employment terms Second, is that you can successfully show your interest and gratitude
Writing acceptance letter is not any kind of rocket science, but it is important for the writer to be careful while stating commitments in such a letter. If you follow the below-mentioned tips, then it can become easy for you to write an acceptance letter in an ideal way:
- Always show that you are grateful for the received opportunity in a courteous way
- Be thankful for the time denoted by the company, in order to take your interview and select you for the same
- Keep the language formal
- Appreciate the interview process and mention your likes
- Carefully commit your job responsibilities
- Don’t forget to mention your joining date
- Mention your introduction and training programs
- Quote your yearly remuneration with perks
If you follow the above-mentioned tips, then writing job acceptance letter can become very easy for you.
Basic Format of Acceptance Letter
If you know the basic format of the acceptance letter, then writing it in a professional manner can become easy for you. Format for your acceptance letter can be like:
- Address of the writer
- Address of the recipient
- Introduction line followed by the body of the letter
- Line for gratitude
- Signature and name
The stated format above is based on the American writing format of the formal letter.
Content of Acceptance Letter
When it is job acceptance letter, content has to be very specific. Understand that you cannot bluff anything. You should write things as per the discussion carried out in an interview. Definitely, you can mention the detailed essence of the discussion but don’t exaggerate.
An acceptance letter is like a backup for you, till the time you don’t receive your offer letter. Nothing should go wrong on the basis of verbal commitment and if some misunderstanding occurs, then acceptance letter can come to your rescue. While writing such professional letters, you should never go wrong with your tone. Maintain the polite tone, throughout the letter.
Points to Consider While Writing Acceptance Letter
Following below-mentioned tips can make it easy for you to write an effective content for your acceptance letter:
- Key rule of this type of letter is to mention the details related to the confirmation of acceptance in the first 2 sentences itself
- However, comfortable you may be with the superior person, but it is important to make use of official language and not any kind of friendly language
- Don’t get into the stuff related to the organization credentials while writing such letters
- In simple and limited words, you can show your respect for an organization while drafting such a letter
- The decision you take to work in a particular organization proves your admiration
- Write to the point in short paragraphs
- It is good to show your happiness but do not show that you are over-excited
- Show your eagerness to work with particular team or staff members
- Grammatical errors and incomplete sentences can create the wrong impression
- Key point you need to remember is that, in such formal letters, no shortcuts are allowed
Important Components of Such Letter
Acceptance letter can be written in order to give a reply to a job offer or any kind of invitation. In order to write perfect acceptance letter, here are few components that you need to keep in mind:
- Addressing recipient in a right way
- Addressing recipient in a right way is important while accepting a job offer or any particular invitation. How will you address a concerned individual in the best possible way? It is possible by having close look at the contact information of the person whom you want to address the letter. It is important to use right name in the greetings.
- Write short and to the point letter
- The acceptance letter you write should have a pleasant tone and don’t include big paragraphs. Write short and to the point letter, so that reader does not get bored. If the acceptance letter is written to accept the invitation, then you can make use of normal tone of writing. On the other hand, if the letter is written to accept the job offer then it becomes important to make use of professional tone.
- Don’t forget to thank the recipient
- Don’t finish the letter bluntly. You should be always thankful to the recipient to whom you are addressing the letter then be it related to any kind of invitation or job offer. A proper thankful note can show your anticipation to attend an event.
4 Important Things to Consider, While Writing an Acceptance Letter
When you are accepting any job letter, it becomes important for you to create a good impression in front of a new employer. Even if you are already accepted, it becomes important to write such letter to show your professionalism attitude. The company should know that you are serious about the new job. Here are few things that you need to consider while writing any type of job acceptance letter:
- It is important to include positive statements in your letter. The employer is not going to spend all his time in reading your letter so ensure that your statements are not too long and boring.
- Don’t forget to add the job title. It is important because it showcases the position for which you are hired for. Include thank you paragraph without fail in your acceptance letter.
- Verbally accepting your new job position is not a good idea. You should write professional job acceptance letter.
- Include terms and conditions of employment while writing such a letter. This will simplify things between you and employer.